Axe-FX test clip # 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axe-FX test clip # 3

OK, I swear I won't post anymore AxeFX test short clips for awhile after this one. This thing is already affecting my family life

I worked on creating a couple other amp models today and ended up liking this one with the particular guitar I was working with. It's an old 1961 Epiphone student guitar that I put a HotRails in years ago. It's all mahogany, weighs about 3.5 lb's and the body is only an inch think with a baseball bat for a neck. Anyway, it has a real heavy midrange tone that just kills.

So, the rhythm tracks are the Epi and the solo track is my early 90's Hamer.

No eq on anything - just a little delay on the solo.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9048590
    GEAR:
    Guitars, amps, recording gear

Bandmix page

Re: Axe-FX test clip # 3

sounds great. I got to try out a fellow guitar player's Axe-FX last weekend and that thing is amazing for a pure digital processor. I think originally it was probably meant as just an FX processor, but it's become a whole lot more with their software/firmware upgrades.

-PT

Comment

It'd be real cool if you could try and get it's best AC30 sound out of it. I'd love to hear that if you get a chance.

Sounds great as always, haha.
      For people feeling the need to try something experimental.
      http://myspace.com/kchoq

Comment

Cool riff! Playing is great as always... Is there a way to loosen the tone, make it less flawless? Not that it is bad in any way, it is dang near perfect.... A bit rougher around the edges and then that old guitar will sound like an old guitar. Give it the Johnny Winter treatment! I just want to see if the new toy can go all out old school.
        ]
        FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Yeah.....alittle more ...eh real or rough....sounds great anyways

Comment

Thanks - Yeah, there's definitely ways to loosen it up - I just haven't figured it out yet :-). My ears turn to trash after awhile so I'm kind steppin' back from it for a few days so I can come back with a fresh head.
            GEAR:

Bandmix page

Comment

I like your playing a lot, another great player on the SD forum.

The rhythm tone was my favorite, with the right mix I thought it could really work well. It needs just a little more bite I think.
              Pulse 2AM - YouTube
              Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Sounds great!

I'm afraid if I ivested in one of those units my lawn would never get mowed and I'd forget to eat.
                I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Nice again!

You'll get lost in the axe. I'm still in love well over a year later. I've never had a piece of equipment that kept me excited this long. It's good to take a break now and then.

But just to mess with your evening.... pull up the ENGL (energyball) model, switch the tonestack to USA lead, play with the depth and sag to taste, master about half-mast to 3/4 or so, drive somewhere in the middle.... there goes a coupla hours.
                  Way 2 Many Guitars....
                  Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx

Comment

Originally posted by taxi View Post
                    Nice again!

You'll get lost in the axe. I'm still in love well over a year later. I've never had a piece of equipment that kept me excited this long. It's good to take a break now and then.

But just to mess with your evening.... pull up the ENGL (energyball) model, switch the tonestack to USA lead, play with the depth and sag to taste, master about half-mast to 3/4 or so, drive somewhere in the middle.... there goes a coupla hours.
                    I'll save that tidbit for tomorrow... :-)
                    GEAR:

Bandmix page

Comment

Originally posted by StillLearnin' View Post
                      OK, I swear I won't post anymore AxeFX test short clips for awhile after this one. This thing is already affecting my family life

I worked on creating a couple other amp models today and ended up liking this one with the particular guitar I was working with. It's an old 1961 Epiphone student guitar that I put a HotRails in years ago. It's all mahogany, weighs about 3.5 lb's and the body is only an inch think with a baseball bat for a neck. Anyway, it has a real heavy midrange tone that just kills.

So, the rhythm tracks are the Epi and the solo track is my early 90's Hamer.

No eq on anything - just a little delay on the solo.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9048590
                      Killer! Where in MD are you?
                      Donnie
                      ---------
                      VVT Raptor 60W

Comment

Man, all these Axe FX clips you're doing are coming out sounding really amazing. I need to get one of these things sometime in the future.

Comment

This kicks major bottoms! I love your phrasing. And as for the sound, it's great. You obviously know how to tweak these things.
                          My Soundclick

Comment

I just dig your musicianship... I think axefx sounds better than my toneport GX but I dont think modelers are gonna replace a big muff into a classic rock amp like orange/marshall any time soon; I dig what bulb does with his...not commercial volume and compression, Id like to hear thingz with a sick bassline too...

your playing and tone sounds awesome! keep it up! I like to just do quickie 3 minute songs, set aside an hour or two for a quick song, so I can progress...

Comment

Thanks guys - this thing is a lot of fun I can tell you that. But walkin away from it for a few days and playing straight through your amps gives you a fresh head when you come back to screwin with it again. It's easy to get lost in it...

Originally posted by donnievaz View Post
                              Killer! Where in MD are you?
                              I'm right outside Baltimore
                              GEAR:

Bandmix page

Comment

Working...
                              X