banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB recoding interface: UX1, UX2 or else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB recoding interface: UX1, UX2 or else?

I need a recording interface for my laptop. I used to have a UX1 and was satisfied, though I didn't use it very extensively.

I want to go back to recording more seriously, so I need a new unit. Is UX1/UX2 the way to go? I can also buy a multi-effect with an integrated interface, like the Digitech RP units or the new Boss GT-10 but this is a pricier option... is there any orther brand at about the same price range as the UX1/2 I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Re: USB recoding interface: UX1, UX2 or else?

Are you doing just guitar or guitar and vocals? If just guitar, the Vox Tonelab sounds better than the Line 6 models.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Well, I'm not really a singer, but I like the fact the UX1 can do guitar, bass and vocals...

I'm thinking UX1 cause I can use it to mic my Marshall tube amp with a SM57.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
      Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

The only thing I've learned about not using software exclusively is that the take AND the tone have to be spot on if you're getting the tone from the amp. I find that to be the most difficult problem. If you're taking a completely dry signal into the recording interface, you can tweak that to your heart's content later, this time without worrying about how well it's being played. Doing those simultaneously has been pretty frustrating to me.

P.S. I picked up the UX2, and it seems to do the job fairly well. That being said, I don't have much experience with anything else.

Comment

Working...
        X