Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pro Tools Digi 002?

Originally posted by jcthejester13 View Post
    It is a 3.8gig Dell running pentium 4 and a 19in monitor with it. I guess the guy is trying to pay his way through dental school.

You would snatch that up?
    The computer is a bit outdated, but you could probably sell that for $200-$250 and just use the 002 on your existing computer.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
      No, Pro Tools LE isn't Pro Tools HD. It's still Pro Tools. You can still take your session data from one and move it to the other. I believe that once you work in Logic Studio, you can't open the session again under Express.

Sure, you're limited to Digidesign interfaces for LE, and M-Audio interfaces for M-Powered.. but you can use the same interfaces for any software DAW that you want. But you already knew the answer to that and are just trying to continue an argument.

Like I said before, I used to be a Mac and PC technician. I've owned more Macs than you have over the years. I've been a PC and Mac beta tester for audio software companies, and currently make my living building systems for videographers and musicians/studios. A Mac is just an overpriced PC. I've used Cubase (VST/5 through SX 5), Cakewalk (PA 9 - Sonar 8), Pro Tools (6.1 - 8.0), Logic (6.0 - 8.0, haven't tried 9 yet) Logic Express 7 and 8, Acid 4.0-7.0, every version of Vegas and Sound Forge, Reaper, and maybe even more... and I feel comfortable enough making recommendations for people looking to get into recording.

Would I recommend Logic Studio? Possibly, if the person already had a Mac, but I'd recommend Pro Tools as well if they're wanting to take their work to a studio. If they wanted to do everything themselves, Logic Studio would work fine. Would I recommend Logic Express? Only if I felt that they were just looking at hobbyist level production.

Personally, I think the best setup on the PC right now is a combination of Reaper and Pro Tools, at least until Pro Tools is 64 bit.

99% of people that say "forget that, buy a mac" are fanboys. I'm sorry that a PC didn't work out for you, but it's a computer, not a movement.
      Don't assume you know if something worked for me or not. I have Logic 5 on a PC which I use everyday and have since version 3.0, I also have a Mac and run Ableton Live, I also have Pro Tools. While you may set up systems I was a producer for Universal Music Group and an artist as well as an artist producer for Moonshine Music, since you seem to think your credentials are so solid maybe I have a little experience as well. As an end user I prefer Logic hands down to Pro Tools. I frankly was just having fun but you seem to be taking this a little more seriously.

The OP has a good deal he should probably take it.
      Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 06-02-2010, 01:29 PM.
      Pulse 2AM - YouTube
      Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

OK is the "who's got more credentials" pissing match over? Cool.

I'm using Pro Tools LE8 with an Mbox II on a PC and I love it. I also love the fact that I am going to be able to take my hard drive to my buddy's (real) studio and not have issues. Other systems may indeed have "superior" features, but they're not considered the industry standard yet...

I agree with the person that said snatch up the 002, sell off the computer and use it on your current or preferably better system.

Comment

These arguments about compatibility, Mac vs PC, and taking your tracks to a studio are stupid and redundant. You do NOT need PT to be industry compliant, and Mac vs PC at this point is just a personal preference for which OS you prefer, or if you like a DAW that only works on one or the other (Sonar/Logic).

Back to the original question...

The 002 is a horrible investment at this point. Shoddy preamps and even worse conversion, and doesn't work as well as other interfaces in DAW's other than PT.

You'd be best off getting an MBox 2 or M-Audio interface if you're dead set on running Slow Tools, or one of Focusrite's latest offerings if you're not.

Your PC could use some upgrading first, though.
          Last edited by Virtual Kevorkian; 06-02-2010, 03:50 PM.
          www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Originally posted by hermetico
            Sorry, it works in other DAWs, at least with SONAR it does.
            You can't get your buffer settings lower than 128 in Cubase/Logic with one.
            www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
              These arguments about compatibility, Mac vs PC, and taking your tracks to a studio are stupid and redundant. You do NOT need PT to be industry compliant, and Mac vs PC at this point is just a personal preference for which OS you prefer, or if you like a DAW that only works on one or the other (Sonar/Logic).

Back to the original question...

The 002 is a horrible investment at this point. Shoddy preamps and even worse conversion, and doesn't work as well as other interfaces in DAW's other than PT.

You'd be best off getting an MBox 2 or M-Audio interface if you're dead set on running Slow Tools, or one of Focusrite's latest offerings if you're not.

Your PC could use some upgrading first, though.
              +1

Quite a few big names use stuff other than Pro Tools.
              I recall reading an interview where David Bendeth said he likes to track in Nuendo

Comment

Working...
              X