Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Band's Debut Album "Autonomy" - Now Online

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
    penny for my thoughts: u really shuld make a myspace...alot of people trust myspace as not a virus type site for whatever reason...fans are familiar with myspace and check it when making a decision to come to shows.
    Is this a joke?

Do people still use Myspace?

I mean, I think my band has one, but I've never been to it.

Besides, Bandcamp is a great site. Lots of indie bands use it.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

After a second listen, I can sort of understand where the vocal comments are coming from. It seems to me it's more of a stylistic choice than a quality problem though.

My band is all about the big Eagles/Queen vocal harmonies, but that's definitely not for everyone. I don't think that would really work for you guys. It works for us because we write our songs with that sort of vocal performance in mind.

I love REM's Murmur and Reckoning albums, and those have some of the weakest-sounding vocals ever recorded. Not every album has to sound like Dr Feelgood or Hysteria (in fact, no album should sound like Hysteria ever again ... please).
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

HAY YOU GUYS!!!

For this weekend, we're dropping the price on the entire album to TWO FRIGGIN DOLLARS. Yes $2. And we're offering Autonomy and Circus Massacre FOR FREE.

Download away and listen through a dope soundsystem.

2 BUCKS!
        7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Bump - Last day for the $2 discount. Thanks to everyone who already purchased or downloaded one of our free songs. Tonight at midnight they go away and it goes back up to a $5 download.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
            I love REM's Murmur and Reckoning albums, and those have some of the weakest-sounding vocals ever recorded.
            Really? Maybe my judgement is clouded because I love R.E.M. to no end, but I always thought it was really fitting for the record (which was pretty raw).

I commend Joe and Moose for doing a more natural approach. They could have gone all out with triggered drum samples and heavily compressed everything, but they chose to keep it sounding like a real band. These days so much stuff is over-processed to the point that it loses all originality and they chose to do it differently! Strangely enough, the music does seem to remind me of the 90's more than the modern era stuff. Songs like "Rose Colored Glasses" could fit on a Lit record (if anybody remembers those guys...haha). "Circus Massacre" sounds like a more modern indie rock song though.
            Last edited by That90'sGuy; 09-12-2010, 01:20 PM.
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

^ Funny about the Lit reference, because I still play "A Place in the Sun" like its going out of style. Because lets be honest with ourselves... it already has.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                Is this a joke?

Do people still use Myspace?

I mean, I think my band has one, but I've never been to it.

Besides, Bandcamp is a great site. Lots of indie bands use it.
                no dude!! use myspace!! simple

check out big clubs - thats how they tell you what the music sounds like:

From wrestling bouts to fashion shows, from holiday parties to air guitar championships, we’ve done it. The new and improved Mohawk is available for rentals.

see! only myspace links for tons of bands.

Comment

Only bands are on myspace. It defeats the purpose of myspace, especially when bandcamp does the same thing in a lot prettier package.

Either way, we'll be on iTunes and other "trusted" download sites that get a lot more traffic than myspace within weeks. We still have a myspace but its a ghost town there. We're using facebook for all promotions because thats what everyone else uses.

Comment

yep! myspace is for bands, the inventor of it set it up for bands. like Im sayin, all bands that I go to shows have a myspace....I go to lots of local band and national act shows.

Comment

Working...
                    X