Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Time Recording Something

Hey! You can actually play.

it's the Silver Edition DSL. It has upgraded transformers and other crap.
    Upgraded crap? That sounds different. Did you get cheaper caps and resistors and pots fitted?
    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
      Hey! You can actually play.

Upgraded crap? That sounds different. Did you get cheaper caps and resistors and pots fitted?
      I'm not 100% sure what all is different on it. I don't know the first thing about electronics or how or why they work. It's all crap to me.

Comment

I thought it was an old Jubilee series Marshall.

Comment

Man that sounds noticeably better than the DSL that I had. I don't know what was up with that amp. It never sounded remotely that good at any volume. Didn't matter what the bias was either. It just sounded thin and harsh no matter what. Changing it to G12H30 speakers improved the tone, but it still sounded very modern. Yours sounds really great man. Good playing as well. You should be proud of the rig and the playing.

Comment

Right on, man! Sounds damn good! Nice playing too.

Comment

sounds pretty cool! makes me want to do a little jig and slap my knees.

I guess placed in the right spot a camera will pick it up pretty well. I guess the prob comes in when we want to see the star of the show, dubble L, and the camera is pointed at you instead of the amp.

Comment

That sounds pretty decent, especially considering that you're just using a camera mic . . . I look forward to hearing more of your clips.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Sounds great to me, man. Keep it up.

Comment

The best "dsl" clip I've heard. What a glorious marshall LP crunch with the right amount of reverb...good playin too
                    give us more of that asap!

Comment

Good tones, good playing. its always cool to hear how other forumites play and sound. keep the clips coming, maybe one with your vox??
                      Beer me!
                      Originally posted by Kam
                      ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

Originally posted by woemoejack View Post
                        Good tones, good playing. its always cool to hear how other forumites play and sound. keep the clips coming, maybe one with your vox??
                        I sold the Vox. To get "my" tone that I wanted I had close to a grand in pedals for the thing. Even then it was like a watered down version of the Marshall at low volumes. It just never had the balls.

I brought a Crate digital P.O.S. home from the shop last week and was going to play through it. I played maybe 10 minutes and got pissed off about it. I finally broke down and spend most all day yesterday rearranging gun cabinets so I could fit the Marshall back in here.

Comment

I think my next clips will be some comparison stuff. I've got 3 new sets of pickups ordered that I wanted to try. Putting a set of Seth Lovers in the Goldtop, a set of Pearly Gates in the honeyburst and I'm going to try a set of DiMarzio Fred/PAF Pro in Dixie for sh!ts and giggles. Amber and teh Custom will keep APII's.

Comment

Working...
                          X