• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hello to all forum participants!

Killer $hit man , you rock !

What have you tuned the guitar to ?

HR
    It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane View Post
      Killer $hit man , you rock !

What have you tuned the guitar to ?

HR
      Thank you for your warm comment! I have the way of an attuning of a guitar (non-standard)

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarzzz View Post
        Thank you for your warm comment! I have the way of an attuning of a guitar (non-standard)
        ======================

Cool what is the tuning ?
        It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

======================

Cool what is the tuning ?
          My system:
          The first two - it is identical.3rd clamped on the 5th harmony sounds equally with the second. 4th clamped on the 7th harmony sounds equally with the third. the 5th clamped on the fifth harmony sounds equally with the fourth. And the 6th clamped on the 7th harmony sounds equally with the 5th

Sorry for the mistake, I do not know much English .. and therefore I use a translator

Comment

My system:
            The first two - it is identical.3rd clamped on the 5th harmony sounds equally with the second. 4th clamped on the 7th harmony sounds equally with the third. the 5th clamped on the fifth harmony sounds equally with the fourth. And the 6th clamped on the 7th harmony sounds equally with the 5th

Sorry for the mistake, I do not know much English .. and therefore I use a translator

=========================

O. K . Man we will figure this out no worries on your english .

1 string is tuned to ( ? ) note
            2 string is tuned to ( ? ) note
            3 string is tuned to ( ? ) note
            4 string is tuned to ( ? ) note
            5 string is tuned to ( ?) note
            6 string is tuned to ( ? ) note

What is important is communication , your a really talented guitarist , and your compositions are superbly arranged as well I salute you .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon
            Last edited by Hurricane; 07-03-2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I always come back to this thread to listen, you are brilliant man!
              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

=========================

O. K . Man we will figure this out no worries on your english .
                What is important is communication , your a really talented guitarist , and your compositions are superbly arranged as well I salute you .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon
                Thank you for your comment! I am very glad that you enjoy my tunes!
                I am happy to explain how I set up a guitar, but I still have a problem .. I am self-taught guitarist and music never taught ... All I compose and play by ear, and musical notes for me, dark wood ...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                  I always come back to this thread to listen, you are brilliant man!
                  Thank you Andrew! Such comments - this is the best reward for me as a musician

Comment

• Your Music Is Interesting As You

Thank you for your comment! I am very glad that you enjoy my tunes!
                    I am happy to explain how I set up a guitar, but I still have a problem .. I am self-taught guitarist and music never taught ... All I compose and play by ear, and musical notes for me, dark wood ...
                    =========

The more I learn about you the more interesting you seem .

I understand what you meant now on your tuning . It took me some time to think it out because it is a abstract concept that takes thinking .

You did give me enough information to comprehend how you tune your guitar . I will try and duplicate it and see what I can do with it .

Like you I am self taught too , I began my musical journey when I was 4 years old .

I learned how to play trumpet in school when I was 8 and from that experience I learned proper musical notation .

The way you learned to play guitar by yourself is the best way to begin a musical career I think .

I still have the same desire to learn more musical instruments and play songs as strong as when I was 4 . I play several musical instruments now .

Tonight I will sit with my acoustic nylon guitar at my bed and play till I can't keep my eyes open and sleep takes me over .

Were in Russia do you reside ?

In the USA I live in California .

Peace :

Hurricane Ramon

Comment

Very interesting story! I think that music unites people isn't dependent on that where they live! The Universe speaks with us by means of music! I too play since the childhood, since twelve years. I play a guitar and on drums. I too always wanted will learn to play many musical instruments. My parents musicians, they are bayan players. The father was music-master, it was the real virtuoso! Unfortunately, the father died in 1977. My mother is a self-taught musician, she still plays the accordion, she is already 76 years. We live in Russia, in the city of Novocherkassk. My mother so plays::
                      Last edited by Guitarzzz; 12-04-2012, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Very interesting story! I think that music unites people isn't dependent on that where they live! The Universe speaks with us by means of music! I too play since the childhood, since twelve years. I play a guitar and on drums. I too always wanted will learn to play many musical instruments. My parents musicians, they are bayan players. The father was music-master, it was the real virtuoso! Unfortunately, the father died in 1977. My mother is a self-taught musician, she still plays the accordion, she is already 76 years. We live in Russia, in the city of Novocherkassk. My mother so plays::
                        ========================================

Outstanding musicianship and composition , her performance is inspiring .

Beautiful accordion too , looks like it is very old . It's sound is " fat and rich " like a roasted goose with it's sauce

We share the same in our mutual families music playing . Both my parents play music but only for fun for themselves . I have uncles that are great guitar players . My mother's parents were circus performers .

Thank you for sharing that video of your mother's super performance . i would have been nice to have heard your father play .

I will research your city now on the net .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon

Comment

Thanks! I think that the family has strong influence on creative development of the person! Our parents imparted to us love to music and it is remarkable! The bayan on which my mother plays was made by two masters to order. I too would want to hear as my father plays, but there was no such equipment as now therefore his concert records didn't remain. Our city not big but interesting. It is in the south of Russia. And you how I understand, you live in California? I saw photos and video! You have very beautiful nature and remarkable places!!
                          Last edited by Guitarzzz; 07-05-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Nice! The music your mother's playing is pretty much like the native music of my state, Rio Grande do Sul, in Brazil. Nice to see similarities from such distant places!

Oh, and i also know a russian woman here in my city! Just don't remember which city she's from... :/ Cheers!
                            Nullius In Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Filipe Marquez View Post
                              Nice! The music your mother's playing is pretty much like the native music of my state, Rio Grande do Sul, in Brazil. Nice to see similarities from such distant places!

Oh, and i also know a russian woman here in my city! Just don't remember which city she's from... :/ Cheers!
                              Hello! I am glad that liked the music played by my mother! This piece is called "Quadrille." Music is the universal language of all the earth, which unites people from all over the world! I am very pleased that you found in the native music for you!

Comment

Last edited by Guitarzzz; 12-04-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X