banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a clip I made last year (using the AxeFX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a clip I made last year (using the AxeFX)

In the riff off title bout with Brendan, this was one of the two ideas I toyed with before submitting my final contribution. Thought I could post it here. It was recorded with a Parker Nitefly (Jazz and C8) and the AxeFX Standard. Not my typical tone, but whatever.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5030746/Riff...ped%20idea.mp3
    My Soundclick

Re: Found a clip I made last year (using the AxeFX)

NICE!

I really like that tone.

I'll give it a 93 for riffage
    96 for tone
    95 for recording technique
    100 for not kicking my butt with it in our finals
    and 71 for missing lyrics and because it's hard to dance to.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

kinda sounds like yer in a room with a real amp. dig the vibe. I miss the riff off, it was one of the highlights of my time on the forum. u still have the chainsaw clip? that was rad.

Comment

I like!

Comment

Very nice! Well played & I love the tone... wish I could get my recordings to sound like that ....all I get is noise and fizz

I just got my old Zoom MRS 1608 out of storage (had'nt touched it for years after the power adaptor burnt out) and I was doing some recording with it , but I can't really get my tones to sound anything like they actually do ..think I'm setting my input levels too high or something...

Those AxeFX things sound pretty amazing.....
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
            NICE!

I really like that tone.

I'll give it a 93 for riffage
            96 for tone
            95 for recording technique
            100 for not kicking my butt with it in our finals
            and 71 for missing lyrics and because it's hard to dance to.
            Haha, wow, thanks!

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
            kinda sounds like yer in a room with a real amp. dig the vibe. I miss the riff off, it was one of the highlights of my time on the forum. u still have the chainsaw clip? that was rad.
            Well, good thing it doesn't seem to be too digitally.. Yeah, the riff offs were really entertaining!

Hah, you still remember that? It's the Quasimetal clips here, don't know which version you liked the most.. I think the tone needed a lot more tweaking, but it was a good basis, maybe..

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
            I like!
            Thanks!

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
            Very nice! Well played & I love the tone... wish I could get my recordings to sound like that ....all I get is noise and fizz

I just got my old Zoom MRS 1608 out of storage (had'nt touched it for years after the power adaptor burnt out) and I was doing some recording with it , but I can't really get my tones to sound anything like they actually do ..think I'm setting my input levels too high or something...

Those AxeFX things sound pretty amazing.....
            Thanks man. Personally, I think the tone is much more processed and polished than what I'd use as my very personal tone, but I figured I wanted to check it out for this stuff.. Yeah.. The input level is a bit finicky..

The AxeFX was wonderful for recording. It made it so much easier.. Sold it eventually, but I'm gonna get a modeller again just for recording and practicing at some point in the future..
            My Soundclick

Comment

awesome - I like v3!

Comment

Cool, thanks dude!
                My Soundclick

Comment

hahah, the V3 is soo raw haha.
                  This one is amazing, the sound is awesome. I like the room feeling of it and the juicynes.
                  www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that!
                    My Soundclick

Comment

Working...
                    X