Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blackstar HT-5, Duncan C5/10k Jazz Model, Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
    bet the manual for that roland exceeds 1,000 pages. looks like the control panel of the space shuttle.
    LOL seriously. I would NOT be able to get along with that thing. I'll stick to my computer and DAW lol

Also, cool tones Jolly! Definitely has that mid-scooped C5 vibe.... Not one I care for, but at least it speaks to the transparency of your recording setup that I can hear it!

Long have I pondered the benefits of buying an HT-5. tasty little buggers.

Comment

Thank yall. Yeah, I think the Roland came with two manuals that were both 300 pages or so. I've never delved into it enough to even use all that it's capable of. It's funny, I bought that around 1999-2000 and it was like $2000 then. I see them selling now on Craigslist for around $350.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSnMettle View Post
        Man, and I thought I sucked.

Peace,

Darrin
        Who's this azzhole?!?

Johnny boy, surely you know I jest when I said this.
        I really dig both the cleans and distorted tones outta
        the Bstar. Seems to have plenty of headroom for it's size.
        Some tasty chops too, we have similar playing styles, so
        you must be good. Looking forward to some more.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Man,thats tasty!!! great playing and tone! Yeah, that doesnt sound flubby like many small amps do when you got to the heavy stuff.
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Thanks yall. Darrin, I didn't think anything at all about your first post. I knew you were screwing around.

Comment

You have to know how glad I am to hear you record again. Do not stop!!!!

I think proper placement of Simon in the big room will really lock down your sound, good job!
              Last edited by Wattage; 12-08-2011, 11:01 PM.
              My Bands -
              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I don't know if you guys really know but Jolly is a great musician, he's real humble about it but it's true.
                My Bands -
                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I love those huge OD tones out of the HT-5. It really, honestly, sounds and feels like a much bigger amp. I don't know how they did it.

And I still really enjoy the way you play.
                  -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Didnt really like the clean tone (got rid of my gas for a blackstar for clean only) but love the dirty tones.
                    Gondola Kid
                    Bandcamp
                    Facebook
                    JimijaymesGuitarist
                    Youtube

Comment

Nice JJ, not bad for a Bass player... not bad at all! Drop dead legs is one of my favorite VH tracks too. Cool stuff.

Comment

Thanks everyone!! I've been messing around with mic placements and different eq settings on the amp and I think it's getting a much better recorded tone now. I'll post some more clips within the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                          You have to know how glad I am to hear you record again. Do not stop!!!!

I think proper placement of Simon in the big room will really lock down your sound, good job!
                          This. Plus it reminds me of the first half of a quote by GearJoneser that someone has as their sig, about hard rock (v's metal) ... "Gain on 5, singing about good times". It just sounds like you come from that place, which is cool by me.
                          Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

I need to jump out of hibernation to say:

killer stuff! would definitely belong on the next velvet revolver cd

excellent tone, I would like to hear a full song soon! Maybe being in a band is in your near future too. I have not heard or seen clips from you since the Simon videos of him meowing lolerz

Comment

Damn Jolly thats amazing. Honestly?..I didn't know he had it in him. I guess I underestimated the boy. Thats a virtual clinic!
                              Yeah..excellent tone the little Blackstars rock..amd me being a ol stick in the mud thought nothing could touch a Marshall! Wrong.
                              I think I hear P90 thump on thAT..AM i RIGHT?
                              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Thanks again.

Yeah everdrone, I haven't recorded anything in a long time. I've been in a real bad funk for almost six years and I'm just now starting to get out of it. It's time for me to start recording again. There's tons of ideas that I've had in my head for the past 6 years that I just haven't recorded yet. I will though.

Thanks Jerry. When I saw you were the last person to post in this I though "oh God, there's no telling what he's said". None of that is P-90's. It's all a C5 and Jazz neck.

Comment

Working...
                                X