Jazz Model Bridge, Blackstar HT-5, Epiphone Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz Model Bridge, Blackstar HT-5, Epiphone Les Paul

I was just farting around with the eq on my amp to get a better sound than how the C5 clip sounded. I was thinking of doing a bunch of clips so people could hear how the different pickups sound. I figured the best way to do that would be to just set the bass, mid, and treble all at the same spot. They're all at around 2 o'clock and the overdrive is set at 3 o'clock.

As usual, I'm not playing anything special. I'm just trying to let the amp and pickup do their thing together. That's why I like to hit and hold alot of chords. I think that's a good way to really hear them.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...&q=hi&newref=1

Re: Jazz Model Bridge, Blackstar HT-5, Epiphone Les Paul

Sounds ****in' nice! Sweet riffin'.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
      I'm just trying to let the amp and pickup do their thing together. That's why I like to hit and hold alot of chords. I think that's a good way to really hear them.
      It's a breath of fresh air to hear someone else say this. I am so tired of researching pickups, pedals, amps etc. where I just hear mad shredding with incredible filth that make it impossible to distinguish one piece of gear from the next, or the particular fine details of a specific item.

That pickup sounds very articulate, i can hear all the notes within the chords clearly even with gain, and the single-note runs seem to come through cleanly without a kind of fuzzy halo slurring them together. Of course i have no doubt that some of that is due to your playing too, it seems that the better the pickups and sound, the less forgiving it is to the player ... 'nowhere to hide', hehe.

I've never really heard much of the Jazz pickups, esp. the bridge version, so this has been really educational. I can see (hear) why you've always championed it. Great stuff !
      Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Man that was great, the recorded sound is definately better now and the playing sounds JVH... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
          It's a breath of fresh air to hear someone else say this. I am so tired of researching pickups, pedals, amps etc. where I just hear mad shredding with incredible filth that make it impossible to distinguish one piece of gear from the next, or the particular fine details of a specific item.
          Yeah, it can be a pain trying to hear what's going on with amps, pickups, pedals, etc with alot of videos and clips. They're usually a shredfest and you can't tell what's going on.

Comment

Sounds great Jolly! Nice clip.
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Great ballsy tone and riffage!
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

can certainly hear the cut of that jazz! you do great things with low-output HBs and derty amps

Comment

Thanks fellas.

Comment

Hit that Bit*ch with a fuzz!
                    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Sweet!...that's a nice meaty yet open bright sound and a very 'up-front' full, ultra-clear recording...very cool licks and riffs too.
                      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                        Hit that Bit*ch with a fuzz!
                        I'm not really a fan of fuzz.

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                        Sweet!...that's a nice meaty yet open bright sound and a very 'up-front' full, ultra-clear recording...very cool licks and riffs too.
                        Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
                        X