New, chilled tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New, chilled tune

I tried to bring my folk and electronic styled stuff here...lemme know what you think....
    Link
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: New, chilled tune

Nice. Realllllly nice.

Comment

Truly beautiful.

I don't even really want to analyse it in any way, although it makes me think about what it is i like so much about stuff like this. All i can come up with is that it's a blend of gently happy and gently dark into some kind of entirity that resonates at a level below, above and beyond intellectual analysis. 'Music' seems too small a word for it.

Truly moving. Truly beautiful.
      Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Dunno reminds of when I was a kid, roaming around at the forrest and the beach, and a few fields, just looking up the sky and enjoying the sun!
        In other words...very very nice!

Comment

dig it

I like how you went from the click track and kept adding.

I did that once. What I came up with wasn't quite as complete as what you have here, though

You can really just play and play and play - I love that. It means you "got it in you."

So fun to hear what you come up with every time, man.

I am your biggest fan.
          my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
            dig it

I like how you went from the click track and kept adding.

I did that once. What I came up with wasn't quite as complete as what you have here, though

You can really just play and play and play - I love that. It means you "got it in you."

So fun to hear what you come up with every time, man.

I am your biggest fan.
            Thanks man! I like that track you posted. I think its still complete...it just doesn't get there as fast...which can definitely be a good thing! Music is best viewed as a process at times, IMO.

I'm posting a (probably really ****ty) 7:00 AM take on what I was thinking for vox and stuff

http://soundcloud.com/marctron/relaxed-vox-take
            Last edited by cream123; 12-16-2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I'm very impressed. I'd happily listen to a much longer version of it. What else do you have in mind to do with it?

If I had any criticism, it would be the slight buzz that fades in and out throughout its course - I'm not 100% sure whether it's deliberate or not, but it doesn't support everything that's going on if it is.
              Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
                I'm very impressed. I'd happily listen to a much longer version of it. What else do you have in mind to do with it?

If I had any criticism, it would be the slight buzz that fades in and out throughout its course - I'm not 100% sure whether it's deliberate or not, but it doesn't support everything that's going on if it is.
                more parts and lyrics. Finals are coming up and I don't have too much time to work on music but soon, xmas break will be here....

The buzz is unintentional and is a product of me not getting around to shielding my duo-sonic.

More to come...

Comment

Originally posted by cream123 View Post
                  more parts and lyrics. Finals are coming up and I don't have too much time to work on music but soon, xmas break will be here....
                  You're not the only one can't wait for the Christmas break - enjoy!

The buzz is unintentional and is a product of me not getting around to shielding my duo-sonic.
                  At least you know where it's coming from - makes it much easier to fix

More to come...
                  I'll look forward to it

PS. It's still open in my browser. Played it twice so far and will do so again shortly (right in the middle of some Sugababes at the moment)
                  Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

I think this is my favorite of all you've done, Marc ... and I really like the clean guitar tone.
                    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Man, i thought that was intentional, and i loved it. I was guessing you were using an electric shaver or something like that to create that sound. Because I'm a fan of Iceland's 'Mum', i am used to such little sounds drifting in and out of the soundscape, and i thought it was great. I hope you leave it in there.
                      Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Working...
                      X