banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Dead Man Walking" (heavy metal, EMG81, S2.0, Recabinet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Dead Man Walking" (heavy metal, EMG81, S2.0, Recabinet)

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
    oh, I like this article for mixing, I see that extreme metal removes 60 hz, I am not a fan of that because I like bass notes, I am more of a sabbath/alice inchains guy:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec0...es/metalII.htm
    cool article, thanks!

Anymore, in my dumb little recordings, I break most of these and other general rules (like mixing with mastering stuff on the master bus and leaving it there during mix down - I'll call that mix the final done deal; not using any low/high pass filters at all; mixing some stuff/parts through headphones). I tried high passing my guitars a few times and it resulted in some of the crappiest sounds I ever got, but I went with it, because it was a "rule."

Comment

Man how did I not hear this one before now??
      .....You Sir is a mammoth among players......huge sounds!

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
        I break most of these and other general rules (like mixing with mastering stuff on the master bus and leaving it there during mix down - I'll call that mix the final done deal;
        your recordings are pretty cool man, I definitely dont follow the rules and mix with mastering stuff on the master bus. really, people study mixing science for years and go to school and do internships and all. I get like 5 plugins in a chain and they all interact differently and my ear is not that good after the few years I have tried so now I am trying this ezmix, since I like the musicianship stuff and mixing is fun and I get carried away timewise but am looking for the shortcuts really

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
        Man how did I not hear this one before now??
        .....You Sir is a mammoth among players......huge sounds!
        thanks brutha! thanks much for the listen, I am glad you dig I like my guitar tone to be a wooly mammoth, cheers

Comment

Dude I love it! ...there's something special about it I'm having a hard time deducing particularly.

SO as far as oversquishing, sometimes I like it; almost like an effect on its own (see all of IN FLAMES)

PS: The solo tone was on point sir

Comment

Originally posted by RobSoundtrack View Post
            Dude I love it! ...there's something special about it I'm having a hard time deducing particularly.

SO as far as oversquishing, sometimes I like it; almost like an effect on its own (see all of IN FLAMES)

PS: The solo tone was on point sir
            awesomeness! thanks so much. right on, In Flames is great stuff, nice pumping mix

andy sneap forum loves that tone, I think it is great too, nice bass guitar heaviness/tone and mixing:

I am stoked that you dig my guitar solo! It got me thinking how much I like ezmix, and I checked their website, they have ezmix2 coming out this next week and I am gonna get it, I get a discount cause I have ezmix for the upgrade, Ill post a thread on it

rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
              God hates bad guitar tone
              GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
              AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
              EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
              Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

yeah! uber deaththrashfusionblackmetalburningHAILZZZZ!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAA

edit: new mix!! cheers
                Last edited by everdrone; 02-06-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Hahaha!
                  Originally posted by jeremy
                  God hates bad guitar tone
                  GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                  AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                  EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                  Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Awesome work. You always get the most brutal bass tones.
                    "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

Originally posted by SabbathFan0220 View Post
                      Awesome work. You always get the most brutal bass tones.
                      many thanks brutha

I am stoked to hear, I was comparing this song to my new lamb of god cd that has really brutal bass tones and sounds killer.

rock on, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X