Need a replacement for TonePort / POD Studio / GearBox / PODFarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a replacement for TonePort / POD Studio / GearBox / PODFarm

So here's the deal - my old laptop is dead, and I have a lovely new laptop.

The thing is, my main silent recording setup was an older (2007) Line 6 TonePort GX (later renamed POD Studio GX) with the companion "GearBox" software (later renamed POD Farm).

Despite repeated attempts, I have been unable to install GearBox onto the new laptop. The TonePort will not connect to / be recognized by the computer without that all-important GearBox software, which I have assumed contains the drivers for the device itself.

SO, I am in need of a replacement.

Would you recommend a direct swap - a new Line 6 POD Studio or whatever it's called this year, or would you recommend the generic interface (M-Audio, Lexicon, Tascam) and separate guitar amp and cabinet modeling, like LePou VSTs?

Thanks dudes, I love you. And recording silently.
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Re: Need a replacement for TonePort / POD Studio / GearBox / PODFarm

Maybe its just that gearbox is not compatible with the newest version of windows. Have a google search to see if you can download a fix before you buy anything else.

Why doesn't my gearbox toneport gx install on Windows 7
    Create, record and perform with guitar in new ways.

Create, record and perform with guitar in new ways.

Failing that "guitar rig" is pretty cool and you can use a generic interface like a tascam.
    or have you looked at an eleven rack - that comes with protools LE i think.
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 02-02-2012, 05:33 PM.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

ya I would search the line 6 forum and make a thread about it

Comment

I have been extremely satisfied with the performance of this Tascam (generic) unit, POD Farm Plug-In, and Reaper.

Good luck!
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Working...
        X