banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ezdrummer drum software is $80 on sale, you dont need a drummer to record :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ezdrummer drum software is $80 on sale, you dont need a drummer to record :-)

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
    I prefer BFD2. I compared BFD and DFH samples when deciding on which one to go with, and I didn't like the fact I could hear hardware rattle and some mysterious "pooka pook" sound with the DFH samples.
    I still need to load BFD so I can goof with it - came with my midi pad thingy. It's old, but I like to do at least one tune with every drum progam and device that crosses my path.

Comment

Re: ezdrummer drum software is $80 on sale, you dont need a drummer to record :-)

One thing about BFD, it was made by drummers, so they're kinda "stuck" on the whole "vintage kit piece" ideal, much like Line6 is all about doing vintage amps for their modelers and 50s/60s Strats/LPs/etc for the Variax.

They're also overly worried about custom/boutique kits that only drum snobs would care about. Which means for the average rock guitarist, you're going to have to dig around to build a kit you like. There's household names like Pearl and DW, but they picked their personal favorites to sample, and we all know how personal preference goes.
      It's easy to build a nice Jazz kit, or 3, or a great 70s Funk or 60s Classic Rock kit, but it takes a bit of work in the Mixer to make a modern Metal kit.

As well, if you have BFD 1.5, it has a drastically different interface from BFD2. It took me some time to get used to 1.5's layout for building tracks, but 2's interface is much simpler IMO.
      Last edited by DrNewcenstein; 08-02-2012, 12:27 PM.
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

I dig my Superior 2.2 and Metal Foundry and all the awesome presets! just sayin'

...but I just used the ezdrummer/DFH combo forever and dug it...there is so much to choose from now tho for my style I liked the way the ezdrummer kit sounded, but not so much the DFH kit but I liked the midi from DFH alot!

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
          Skip DFH and get the Metalheads or Metal Machine expansion instead.
          DFH and Metalheads are kind of crappy... I don't like them at all myself. But Metal Machine... It just rocks! Just made a clip with the MM.

E: BTW in my humble opinion the Steven Slate has really bad cymbal samples. Many more thinks the same... But who am I to judge...
          Last edited by P.A.Foholic; 08-03-2012, 03:04 PM.
          Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
          Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
          Musicians are ****ing retards.
          Originally posted by ex-250
          Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X