'59A8/A4 Blues jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59A8/A4 Blues jam

Made a few flubs here and there, but this was more to show off how frickin awesome my cheap ass rig is. I mic'd the Retro30 and G1265, and got the mic placement so the mic sound is pretty much how it sounds in the room (amp was in the other room...I was using my wireless). Was running through the clean channel using the GE-7 (set to low/mid boost) and the OCD (set to mild OD).

I didn't do any processing to the guitars except for adding a bit of reverb.

I love my rig.
    Last edited by CTN; 02-02-2013, 07:45 PM.

Re: '59A8/A4 Blues jam

Man, that sounds really good and super nice chops, too!!
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

You're ****ing kicking all kinds of ass here man!

Seriously tasty phrasing and phenomenal string control.

Dose bends. Dat vibrato.

Most excellent sir.

Comment

Aw shucks. Thanks guys

Comment

Yep. Nice chops Bro. Enjoyed the clip.

Also digging the more even eq tones of your set of 59s than stockers. Neck especially sounds far more usable.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah the '59N is super sweet and juicy with the A4. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
              You're ****ing kicking all kinds of ass here man!

Seriously tasty phrasing and phenomenal string control.

Dose bends. Dat vibrato.

Most excellent sir.
              Sorry to lift your post TLD, but I couldnt have said it better!
              CTN, Bro, thats beautiful! I love the intro,and the soft feel throughout. I cant get that sweet, subtle tone. Everything I do has to slam right in. I need to develop my feel.

Ive been listening to this over and over for a bit..
              Last edited by BloodRose; 02-04-2013, 09:06 AM.
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
                Thanks man. Yeah the '59N is super sweet and juicy with the A4. I love it.
                You running that 59/4 in the neck right? I sorta have that in a couple of guitars. only diff is Im using a 59b model with an A4 in the neck. Have that on my Explorer and something else i cant think of right this sec.. I use the bridge models for just alil more smokey blues flavor
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                  Sorry to lift your post TLD, but I couldnt have said it better!
                  CTN, Bro, thats beautiful! I love the intro,and the soft feel throughout. I cant get that sweet, subtle tone. Everything I do has to slam right in. I need to develop my feel.

Ive been listening to this over and over for a bit..
                  Aww thanks man. that means a lot the touch mostly just comes from listening a lot and very carefully to Gary Moore and Joe Bonamassa and trying to cop their styles. It's been a real trip trying to get used to lower gain sounds since a lot of my influences are firmly entrenched in the metal world. I often find when recording that I've just got too much gain for the smokey blues sounds, and then I have to turn it down and try again until I get the tones right. Otherwise it sounds too heavy lol

Also yeah, '59N with an A4 in the neck.

Comment

That's super sexy. Like thuuuuper.

I like the tone you're getting from the A4 in the neck. How does it work for higher-gain leads?
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

ppphtfanks dude

the A4 is great for high gain too. Because that magnet intrinsically has lots of attack but still sounds pretty smooth on the high end, the high gain leads sound really fluid but very articulate. Probably not as clinical and precise as a Full Shred neck, but it's got a ton more soul to it than the JazzN and is just as, if not slightly more articulate.

Comment

Working...
                      X