banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck in the Groove (Got my new interface up & Running)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in the Groove (Got my new interface up & Running)

Bought a tascam us-122 off uOpt on here and finally got it all up and running! Better recording quality plus I can use my MIDI keyboard again! woohoo

here's the first result

all of the drums were triggered from the keyboard
    the bass was a Squier through my ampeg minicab head direct line in
    the guitars were all my squier affinity strat through the silvertone 1484 and mic'd
    Vox were me..

Let me know what you think!
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: Stuck in the Groove (Got my new interface up & Running)

got buried by spam....meh bump

Comment

says unavailable - will check back.

but I have to say I'm very impressed with the overall sound and low-latency of my tascam us-144 mkii; I think it's going to be a keeper for a bit. just wish they gave it proper 1/4" outputs.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
        says unavailable - will check back.

but I have to say I'm very impressed with the overall sound and low-latency of my tascam us-144 mkii; I think it's going to be a keeper for a bit. just wish they gave it proper 1/4" outputs.
        I was just reuploading, its done now...I'm fine with the RCA since I do my mixing off my home stereo and headphones...otherwise it might have been more of an issue

Comment

I like the groove to it. The quality is nice. What recording software do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by CodeDante View Post
            I like the groove to it. The quality is nice. What recording software do you use?
            Thanks, I used reaper on this. There may eventually be some vocals over it (not by me though)

Comment

sounds pretty wild!

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post

That particular unit is the first and only one I've ever used and so far I am very satisfied. I read a few negative reviews before deciding to purchase it, but you never know what kind of incompatability issues a reviewer might be experiencing. Almost every piece of equiipment I own is smarter than me so it's easy to understand how someone might get overwhelmed.

Edit: I'm having a terrible time trying to record bass guitar. I'm running the bass straight into the interface and into a bass rig is POD Farm. I can't make it sound full and still retain some punchiness.

By the way, Marc, I like what I heard of that track. I'll listen to it (completely) tonight when I have more time.
                Last edited by Lazarus1140; 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM.
                I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                  That particular unit is the first and only one I've ever used and so far I am very satisfied. I read a few negative reviews before deciding to purchase it, but you never know what kind of incompatability issues a reviewer might be experiencing. Almost every piece of equiipment I own is smarter than me so it's easy to understand how someone might get overwhelmed.

Edit: I'm having a terrible time trying to record bass guitar. I'm running the bass straight into the interface and into a bass rig is POD Farm. I can't make it sound full and still retain some punchiness.

By the way, Marc, I like what I heard of that track. I'll listen to it (completely) tonight when I have more time.
                  I'm happy with it as well and short of needing more inputs someday, I don't need foresee switching it up!

For the bass, what compressions settings are you using?

Comment

Working...
                  X