New video by my son. Extra-ordinary I must say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New video by my son. Extra-ordinary I must say

He made the tune and the lyrics. He played all guitars and the bass, and made the drums. He sang the outro and made the producing, but a friend made the growling and another the lead singing. OK, here´s the result:

Re: New video by my son. Extra-ordinary I must say

thats really cool!
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Thanks. Well, it´s not my style of music, but IMO he succeeds to put in a harmonic development, which makes the tune interesting.

Some more info for guitarists: he plays here a Suhr Modern 7-string, with the stock Dough Aldrich pickups. He runs it through an Axe-effects. The tune is from an EP that he recorded himself some months ago. He plays all instruments and sings a little. The only help he got from others was the maniac who growls, and the lead singer.

Comment

I'm too old to get into screamo, but I can appreciate the effort that went into such a quality production!
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Yes, he worked very hard with the music for a long time. Had serious problems with musicians who should play at the record, and decided finally to play all instruments himself. He only left the growling and singing to 2 friends - but he could have done that himself, too. He´s in another (signed) band where he plays guitar and sings the clean vocals, and does it well.

Comment

It's not my style of music, either. But... That was ****ing AWESOME!

Comment

You're a cool dad for promoting this. Sounds tight.
              The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Im down wit it!! Awesome work!! Im an old fart with a young metal heart.. Care to let it slip what other band he is in???
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Sure. He´s in a Swedish band called Faithful Darkness. They recorded their third (?) fullength CD recently, where he played guitar and sang. Will be out soon. Hopefully his solo-EP will also be out soon.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Not my style but your son has done an awesome and clean/pro job. You can be absolutely proud of him.
                      Wackor
                      Ørdøg
                      NecroPolo
                      Diabolus in Musica
                      SIDrip Alliance
                      Book of Shadows
                      RKH

Comment

You´re all very kind. Yes, I´m proud of him: he does the best of a genre I´m not so comfortable with, and his playing is very good. IMHO, that is.

Comment

Working...
                        X