banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hybrid demos! jazz/59n and custom/59 A8 bridge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hybrid demos! jazz/59n and custom/59 A8 bridge!

so i got bored and had a drink and a jam with my good friend jack (daniels) all recordings were done with an epiphone SG using Marshall simulators on amplitube (its 1:am)

chain is just guitar > samson C-valve preamp > tascam us-800 (digital in) > cubase > amplitube > Izotope Ozone ( first two ONLY) > Mp3

first up is a 59/C hybrid with an A8 mag clip! that pickup is doing ALL the guitar work in this clip.

59/C8 hybrid

next is the exact same backing, but only with the 59/jazz neck A5 pickup doing the lead (still the same 59/C8 hybrid doing the rhythm) I used exactly the same amp settings and preamp/recording settings as the first one for a more accurate comparison difference between pick-ups, volume and positions)

59/Jazz A5 neck

Then I wondered what the 59/jazz neck would sound clean, so I did the next clip. this pickup is honestly the most dynamic pickup i've ever used, I did this with no compression or stereo bus processing just to keep the dynamics intact. I tried to dig in in some parts to show to how it drives the amp (simulator) more when hit harder. all the guitar work done on this is with the 59/Jazz A5.

59/jazz neck clean

ignore the crappy playing and mixing, like i said I've been chilling with my good friend jack! plus I mixed on headphones (like i said its 1 am)

I still need to tweek this guitar as I think the neck pickup is brighter and louder than the bridge pickup lol I could just be drunk though?
    I might go back to A5 for the bridge and maybe try an A4 or A2 for the neck as I have messed about with pickup heights already.
    my preamp is still set to the same settings that I recorded these with so I could record the mag changes for an accurate comparison?
    Last edited by jake_xms3_punk; 04-02-2015, 06:37 PM.
    our first drummer died in a bizzare gardening accident!

I won't dance in a club like this,
    'Cause all the girls are sluts,
    And the beer tastes just like piss.

Re: hybrid demos! jazz/59n and custom/59 A8 bridge!

I really loved the tone on the first clip until I heard the second! Both are great, though, but that 59/Jazz neck driven tone just smokes.
    You certainly don't need to apologize for your playing, either!
    Last edited by Lazarus1140; 04-03-2015, 12:11 PM.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Gonna have to agree with Lazarus : that was a killer demo of the jazz/'59 hybrid in the neck slot. Great playing!!

Comment

Cheers guys! Ye the 59/Jazz is my new favourite neck pickup! Still not 100% convinced on the 59/C8 bridge pickup maybe I need to mess about with heights and pole screws a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_xms3_punk View Post
          Cheers guys! Ye the 59/Jazz is my new favourite neck pickup! Still not 100% convinced on the 59/C8 bridge pickup maybe I need to mess about with heights and pole screws a bit more.
          I think that one sounds great, too, and it sounds like the harmonics would be quick to jump. According to my ears I would just roll the tone back a notch. Are the neck and bridge hybrids fairly well balanced volume-wise?
          I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

The clean clip of the neck hybrid sounds great! Well, they all sound great, but that's the one that got my attention.

Comment

Damn, that 59/Jazz hybrid sounds amazing! Great playing too, Jack has been good to you.
              Soundcloud

Comment

Damn... the 59/jazz is badass. sweet balance clean and dirty.. I want one, have for sometime... but I'm not really sure I wanna risk screwing one up, much less two. I'll just keep EnVing you bros that have them. Rock on!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated

Comment

Listened to these the other day. I'm also a fan of the overdriven jazz/59n tone -- thick yet balanced and articulate.
                    Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                    Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                    Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                    Marshall 1960a
                    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Working...
                    X