banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Night Clip - Preparing for Christmas Already (CD Project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Night Clip - Preparing for Christmas Already (CD Project)

So my dad and I are working on a Christmas CD together and I really like this song fingerstyle. Did a short clip last night on my new Strat with Fat 50's. Rough on the edges and need to clean up several notes before recording.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Too fast/slow? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Re: Silent Night Clip - Preparing for Christmas Already (CD Project)

Dude that is very nice...speed is spot on IMO for that song....I really like the fingerpicking thats going on with it as well....All around very nice piece.....I look forward to hearing more from this project....
    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
      Dude that is very nice...speed is spot on IMO for that song....I really like the fingerpicking thats going on with it as well....All around very nice piece.....I look forward to hearing more from this project....
      Thank you very much! I was initially planning on using the Acoustic but now I kinda leaning towards the Strat...love the response of those Fat 50s.

Comment

I have been thinking of doing an instrumental for many years at the church for Christmas, but never have, mainly because I want to do one by TSO and that requires more practice time than what I have at the moment haha....One day I will do it maybe....But I am going to have to start looking at some of the material for Christmas again very soon to keep refreshed on it...

Comment

I have been thinking of doing an instrumental for many years at the church for Christmas, but never have, mainly because I want to do one by TSO and that requires more practice time than what I have at the moment haha....One day I will do it maybe....But I am going to have to start looking at some of the material for Christmas again very soon to keep refreshed on it...
          Ha! I love TSO! I've always wanted to do one in their style...but every time I tried I felt like I was just copying them.

Yeah, its time to start getting familiar with it...pretty soon the stores will be inundated with them! lol

Comment

That was great ... very melodic and chimey. Something needed to be tightened up a bit around :30 (similar at 1:11), but overall it was awesome. The tone was perfect.

It might be cool if the rythm line was going downhill in the "heavenly peace" part.
            Last edited by Lazarus1140; 08-13-2015, 08:46 PM.
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
              That was great ... very melodic and chimey. Something needed to be tightened up a bit around :30 (similar at 1:11), but overall it was awesome. The tone was perfect.

It might be cool if the rythm line was going downhill in the "heavenly peace" part.
              Thank you very much for the kind words and that kinda advice is awesome! I definitely need to tight it up and going downhill there is an awesome idea, I will try it out! Thanks!

Comment

Cool piece man nd the tempo was spot on IMO.
                We have been threatening to do a Christmas CD for a few years now.
                Here is a practice clip of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen from a thing we did a few years back.

Want to hear what I consider the rippin Christmas project I have heard?? Find Neil Zaza's One Silent Night...A Night At The Palace CD JUST HOLY SHEET!! Stomps anything TSO has ever done in the GROUND!!

Intend on pulling this arrangement from Neil off this year at my Church.
                Last edited by Ascension; 08-14-2015, 07:46 AM.
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                  Here is a practice clip of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen from a thing we did a few years back.

Want to hear what I consider the rippin Christmas project I have heard?? Find Neil Zaza's One Silent Night...A Night At The Palace CD JUST HOLY SHEET!! Stomps anything TSO has ever done in the GROUND!!

Thanks! I liked the tempo so I am glad no one (thus far) is saying to slow it down.

Dude, awesome job on the God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman! I love the vibe, fits the song perfectly!

As for Zaza, he is the man! He has my favorite version of the Star Spangled Banner:

SPB around the 4 minute mark...but I love this whole clip so I posted it from the beginning

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

Thats some SWEET stuff right there.......I think I have found my new inspiration lol

Comment

Thats some SWEET stuff right there.......I think I have found my new inspiration lol
                      Ha! Zaza is the man! He uses Carvin guitars and can really tear 'em up!

Comment

That's badass!!

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                          That's badass!!
                          Ha! Zaza is for sure! I wish I could play a hundredth as good as he can!

Comment

Working...
                          X