Fairies Wear Boots first solo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairies Wear Boots first solo.

Would you be ok hearing this improvised version of it in a band setting? Or cringe....hopefully not.
    I enjoy hearing peoples slight variation of some solos, but only if it's done well. I believe the key notes and bends should still be there. Are they there in this?
    I'm still working on my lead playing, Just some things my noggin and fingers haven't jelled together with yet.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Last edited by Swampy; 04-05-2016, 06:09 PM.

Re: Fairies Wear Boots first solo.

I like it, and have played this solo many times. The tone is great, and there was a good balance of 'what should be there' and 'I wanna do my own thing'. Whats the gear you used?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks man!

I couldn't really figure out what he does in the second half of the solo, so I just threw in that famous blues lick a few times. Hoping it'd work.

Ibanez SZR 720 with a '59 in the bridge> DD3> OR-15 through a Carvin 2x12 cab into my Zoom H4N.

Comment

Well played my friend, great metal tone too

Comment

Nice job!!

Comment

Would have never guessed it was a 59. You had sort of a late 70s Iommi vibe going on.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Sounds great! I know this is an off-the-wall question, but what gauge strings are you using?
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                Sounds great! I know this is an off-the-wall question, but what gauge strings are you using?
                Super Slinky 9's

Comment

Working...
                X