banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New songwriting demo, FARMER GILES OF HAM (Genesis, Renaissance, NWOBHM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New songwriting demo, FARMER GILES OF HAM (Genesis, Renaissance, NWOBHM)

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
    You have already established the fact that you don't like the song or my songwriting. What is it with the constant trolling?
    Chillax. Not trolling, just sharing my thoughts. No need to be confrontational.

Like or don't like is a fact of life. You just have to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
      Yup. So?
      Sounds like plagiarism. Fine for me, but at least give the original artist the credit deserved. If this music ever goes public, Genesis could sue you for milllions. Your welcome.

I think Tone Loc had to pay Van Halen for the main riff to Wild Thing, cause it's similar to that of Jamie's Crying. Or did he already buy right from VH? Something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
        I think Tone Loc had to pay Van Halen for the main riff to Wild Thing, cause it's similar to that of Jamie's Crying. Or did he already buy right from VH? Something like that.
        It was an uncredited sample, they didn't want to pay 5k to license it so instead it cost them 180k.

To the original point... cool song, and really cool tones going on in alot of it. I do agree this could probably be three separate songs, as each part seems to have an 'end' ... but whatever call it Farmer Giles of Ham SUITE and that takes care of that ...

Certainly some similarities to genesis in the intro, but I'd be pretty hard pressed to call it straight up plagiarism.
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
          It was an uncredited sample, they didn't want to pay 5k to license it so instead it cost them 180k.

To the original point... cool song, and really cool tones going on in alot of it. I do agree this could probably be three separate songs, as each part seems to have an 'end' ... but whatever call it Farmer Giles of Ham SUITE and that takes care of that ...

Certainly some similarities to genesis in the intro, but I'd be pretty hard pressed to call it straight up plagiarism.
          At least he shoulda declared it upfront that it was taken from the Genesis song.

What's interesting is when I pointed it out the first time that the song sounds like a patchwork of unrelated ideas, I presumed the ideas were based on several different songs. And I never even heard of the Genesis song before in my whole life, seriously.

Then somebody directed me to it and after having a listen in several random spots, I also found traces of Metallica and a bit of Maiden.

Then he tried to divert the issue by calling me a troll. Very classy.

Comment

Take your meds and sleep man!

Comment

Working...
            X