First Recording With The New Fractal AX8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Recording With The New Fractal AX8

So, I had this acoustic instrumental that I recorded about 17 years ago. My buddy Dave that I write with heard it recently. He really liked it, and came up with some absolutely amazing lyrics and a great melody to it. He's been wanting me to re-record it so he can put his vocals over it. I re-recorded it, but I decided to do it electrically instead of on acoustic.

Anyways, some of you may remember the original song because I had posted it before on here years ago. This it in its original incarnation.

This is the new version that I've recorded over the past few days. It's a rough mix, but it'll give you the idea of what it's supposed to somewhat sound like. We're going to put some vocals on it tomorrow.

A song I had written on acoustic, and my buddy Dave wrote some lyrics to it. I ended up recording it electric. Vocals to come shortly.

Re: First Recording With The New Fractal AX8

Originally posted by Lazarus1140
    Hell yeah!

I like the lead tone because of the way it sounds like it's right on the edge of breaking out into harmonics. Is that a stock patch or something you tweaked on a bit?
    Also, what do you use for drums? I think I've asked before but the CRS is pretty strong right now.
    edit: And what's crazy is I checked the pedal room and tips and clips earlier today to see if you'd posted anything with the AX8 yet. When you record with it do you have to turn it way down, or do you have the interface really low or both?
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Man, I can't even remember what the lead tone was.....lol. I think it was Das Metal. I also tweaked it a bit. I really like putting the "enhancer" in the chain because it really throws everything into a huge stereo spectrum type sound. Mind you, I've only been fukkin' with this thing for about a week. To me, the greatest thing is being able to use the AX8 Edit so that you can just not even deal with the pedal and mess with everything on your computer screen.

As far as recording with the volume, I just keep the volume out at 12 o' clock and I use the trim pots on my Roland VS-1880 to get it where it needs to be without getting into the red.

Drums.......lol..........I've been asked a bazillion times about my drum tones it seems. I use a Boss DR-770 that I bought back in about 1999. I sat and messed with that thing for probably a month to dial in my exact drum tone that I thought would fit my music. I still use it to this day, and I absolutely love it!!

I never ever took the time to figure out how to program it. I just rearranged the pads on it as if I were sitting behind a drum kit, and I tap on them and play it in realtime with a metronome. Most of the time I am out of time, but fukk it.....it gives my music a more human feel, I think.

Here's a video that I did a few years ago of how I do my drums. I was pretty buzzed up at the time I made the video.....lol.

Comment

Sounds great! Bit of a Badlands meets Great White vibe to my ears. Would love to have a whack at mixing this when it's done.
        Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 03-04-2018, 05:43 PM.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
        X