banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Cover: Shawn Lane´s !Hardcase! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Little Cover: Shawn Lane´s !Hardcase! :-)

Cool, thanks for listening.

I´m playing too bluesy..my phrasing is not sophisticated enough...Satriani was a "too" big influence
    Originally posted by Guitarist
    Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
    http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

wow thats crazy. you are too good. how long have u been playing? thanks to this clip, you have motivated me to listen to shawn lane, ive never heard of him before
      [SIZE=1]Guitars:
      Gibson 2001 Les Paul Classic Premium w/ SD JB/59N
      Fender American Deluxe Strat (still stock SCNs)
      Takamine Acoustic

Amps:
      Marshall AVT 50(on the bay)
      Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

Comment

Originally posted by slash857
        wow thats crazy. you are too good. how long have u been playing? thanks to this clip, you have motivated me to listen to shawn lane, ive never heard of him before
        Thanks man..most appreciated...but the last thing that I am is "too good" I´m playing for over 12 years but the last 3 years I´m playing guitar more serious and intensive. Played piano before I started playing guitar seriously but I´m still playing piano cause it´s cool.

As RGN said, Shawn played the piano at least as good as the guitar. You can download a piano sample of him in the second link.
        His phrasing either on piano or on guitar was amazing.

I´m glad that you´re now interested checking out the music of Shawn Lane.

If you want to know more about Shawn check this out

http://www.shawnlane.com/index1024.html (the second song is so cool "gray pianos flying" and there you can download some music)

Video:
        Want you back
        Little Sample:
        Medley

Looking out for Jonas Hellborg CDs it is easier to get Shawn´s playing than looking out for Shawn own CDs...hard to get, well for me in Germany.

Enjoy the music!
        Last edited by StrangeSound; 06-20-2005, 11:59 AM.

Comment

That video will give you a small taste of Shawn Lane. Some pretty scary stuff at the end. Shawn was a strange very interesting cat. He would see something on TV about a weird insect or butterfly and then go checkout about 20 books on about that butterly. He'd read all 20 books in a couple days, remember everything, and then go on to research something else. Before he died we has playing this weird string instrument with these tribes in some foreign country. The man was just an unbelievable genius. It is really a shame he left us so young.... Ask Paul Gilbert or Billy Sheehan what they think of Shawn's playing. Paul has said many times it was Shawn that sent him back to the drawing board after Mike Varney played him a little of Shawn's playing over the telephone. Billy Gibbons is rumored to have completely fell out of his chair when Shawn tore into some of his scariest licks on Beale Street. I think Ted Nugent had a similar experience. Shawn Lane was the man.
          MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

Thanks for the links

Comment

Fantastic!!!!!!!!! I don't know much about Shawn but that was great, all 'round.
              My Bands -
              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage
                Fantastic!!!!!!!!! I don't know much about Shawn but that was great, all 'round.
                Cool, thanks for listening

Comment

Working...
                X