Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dude, Pimp my Dokken!

TO--

I'm the same way with other's guitar solos...there's only a handful that I've learned relatively note for note...I was never good at being able to cop another dude's established leads...maybe I'm just too set in my ways..lol
    Splawn QR
    Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
    Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
    George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
    My Gear Pix
    My SPLAWN Clips
    My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Same way here, but due to lack of skill mainly. This particular solo is one of the few that I've tried to get close... that's why I picked it I think the only note-for-noters (or close) are this, Crazy Train and Round and Round.

To me, it's just too darned frustrating. But, on the upside, to try to cop a solo note for note forces you to really concentrate on something outside of your comfort zone.

-Matt
      Originally posted by Scott_F
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

that's true JM, and sometimes you come up with something you wouldn't have thought of on your own...and thus, a new signature lick is born =)
        Splawn QR
        Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
        Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
        George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
        My Gear Pix
        My SPLAWN Clips
        My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

I am pretty much the same way... I was never in a 100% cover band and would always just copy the general intent of the player if I was playing a cover song. I never worried about playing anything note for note.- well I did play all of Randy Rhoads solos pretty much note for note when I was 15-16, it was a phase I went through...

Most of the time I just played my own stuff and solo'd over backing tracks I would record. However, I think it is great practice trying to duplicate something exactly and see how close you can get.
          MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

I often learn songs note for note.

Everything you learn to play gets ingrained into your style to some extent, so it can help you add some new ideas to your playing.
            A few choons

Comment

Working...
            X