No announcement yet.

Play a song badly or not at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of info on youtube for that song, like I said, I've done it before although I kinda did my own thing on the one section before the end section (hope that makes sense), if we were to do it again I'd probably go back and learn it. Been a few years, but if there is anything I can help you with it PM me. Not sure if I have time to sit down and tab it all out but might be able to work through parts (after I remember it again, one thing about getting older, things become new, again and again, didn't get that in my younger days).

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Randy Rhoads often played the run at the end of the solo in Crazy Train at half speed / half the notes. IUt sounds like he picked up the lick somewhere in the middle of the run. Probably the second octave on. The recorded one is a blaze of hammer ons.

Here is the studio: 2:50

But listen to this: 1:17

Man, this actually really helps.

We used to play this song pretty regularly and I could just hit the solo as recorded when we were playing at tempo . . . but often the tempo would get pushed when playing live and then I'd flub it. I needed a condensed version like what Randy was using there.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

There are a few different variations of that that he does.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
        X