No announcement yet.

Scarlett 2i2 up and running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I messed around a long time last night with the built in amp sims and such. Really didn't like how they did those or the options. I guess if I were not 50 and had 8 amps of my own, I might dig it.

I could see being able to get a great tone there - but so much easier for me to slap a mic on a cab.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

OK - lasts nights adventure was to discover th Custom Amp Builder in there....MUCH better!

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post

With rare exception, just about any interface will be just fine for 99% of what 99% of people are using them for, provided it has enough channels.
        You know, I think that's about right. I've got an old Line 6 Tone Port that I bought but never used back in the 2000's because I (like Aceman) had mental block against PC recording for years. And that thing sounds almost identical to the Behringer I bought a couple of years ago. I mean there's a tiny difference but it's not night and day. I could use that for anything I use the Behringer for & vice versa..
        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
          I (like Aceman) had mental block against PC recording for years.
          Ouch! That REALLY hurts man...first of all, I use a Mac!

I mean, totally true, but that's not the point!

Comment

I've got a Scarlett 18i8. I wish I had started computer recording 15 years ago. I was just so complacent using my Roland VS-1880. I love it now that I've started recording this way.

Comment

So the 18i8 =
              18 inputs
              8 outputs

What is it? A recording board?!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                So the 18i8 =
                18 inputs
                8 outputs

What is it? A recording board?!?!?!?!
                They make it sound like more than it really is.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post

They make it sound like more than it really is.
                  ^ This. Like the 18i20, it has 8 analogue inputs, 2 SPDIF inputs, and a Lightpipe input for 8 more if you add another interface or OctoPre. I usually have about 12 channels of audio plugged in at any time, it’s a great convenience to not have to patch every time I am tracking.

I have 3 pairs of outputs set up on a Mix Control template for my monitors, headphone amplifier, and reamp outputs.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I feel so small....

I run one guitar in, and a usb to the computer and a pair of headphones.

Comment

I feel so small....

If it works for you, that's all that matters.

Comment

I feel so small....

But in those headphones, it sounds so big, doesn't it? Just add reverb, and cowbell.

The 18/8 whatever is more useful if you have to record a drumset or a live band where you need multiple mics in at the same time. If you are doing one track at a time, then a simple 1-2 channel I/O is plenty fine.

Comment

I recently got the Scarlett 2i2 Studio as well and am thoroughly impressed with it. I saw it being recommended for inexpensive home studios on numerous sites, and now I can understand why. The amount of flexibility it offers for the price is pretty good. I also bought a pair of AKG K240's, and they also pack a lot of punch for the money.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

I hear alot of great reviews about the Scarlett.

Right now, I'm trying to convince a guy to sell me his Tascam 4-track cassette recorder... if that fails, and I can't land a good 4-track this year;

I'll "bite the sour apple" and get a USB soundcard myself .

(aswell as more RAM, a new/better CPU cooler, and other smaller upgrades for my PC).

Rock on! \m/

-E
                              If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

A 4 track cassette recorder is a cool thing! You learn a lot about arrangement and sound quality, because you can't afford not to.
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X