My Favorite Seymour Duncan Pickup Sounds So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LLL View Post
    Best JB (JBJ from the 80s) recorded tone I've done so far, although I need to tweak the limiting/compression:
    So good!

Comment

One of my biggest Surprises was dropping the Surfer II Retrospect Antiquities set into my Washburn Silverado Strat. This is just noodeling over a jam track trying to show the compression and note bloom interaction between that guitar with those pickups and my PRS Archon head. Nothing but the Silverado directly into my Archon through my PRS Beep 2/12 here. Not normally t blown away by unboosted straight in vintage output Strat tones but man this combo just sings!

Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Hi,

To be honest, I don't really care a lot about the pickups, these demos are so musical! But anyway good work dialing such great old-school tones from these pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
          Best JB (JBJ from the 80s) recorded tone I've done so far, although I need to tweak the limiting/compression:

The JB is a great for rhythm, but it really shines on solos with its natural upper midrange bump.

This is in an alder strat with only a 500K volume pot, no tone.

You're a killer, mate!

Comment

Working...
          X