Stone Soup Dispute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    might I suggest in your quest for the quintessential Nexion sound and style, to focus on listening and watching to non metal musical and art influences..

Bring something else into the tent!

We should all take this advice BTW
    That is absolutely first class advice. That is exactly why it was such an eye opener for me when I got into Dave Davidson and Kiko Loureiro. Dave being a Berkley jazz graduate playing death metal is just ...wow. I mean, voice lead riffs with Alt7 and b13 chords? Absolutely not death metal and yet he makes it work. And then Kiko, well... He's one of the most complete players around. I regularly spend some time trying to dissect his playing from his latin/jazz and also his latest album. I know it's not showing (yet) but just amazing how many different styles and influences he can pack into his songs and make it coherent .

I've come to find that the real greats are not "stylistacally pure" so to say. They have an amalgamation of sometimes wildly different stuff which add up to being ther sound.

Comment

So my girlfriend says. . . . .....

Why don't you sound like that?

Comment

might I suggest in your quest for the quintessential Nexion sound and style, to focus on listening and watching to non metal musical and art influences..

Bring something else into the tent!

We should all take this advice BTW
        Absolutely

Comment

No not ink man,, thats for posers who dont spent enough money on hard drugs,.

you need battle scars -from knife fights, climbing barbed wire fences, punching faces.....

You're arms look like ones in a commercial for baby lotion. They are way too nice.
          Does cutting urself cuz ur emo count?
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
            So my girlfriend says. . . . .....

Why don't you sound like that?
            Simple: I suck, they don't. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post

Does cutting urself cuz ur emo count?
              Well, you idolize Cobain, so I think we can offer you a "compassionate pass"... LOL

Comment

Visually it looks pretty complicated but when you pay attention the solo sounds like the same pattern and notes played in different positions, almost like call and response but fall short.

Definitely not something that sinks in your mind - phrase that you can recall and sing in your head 30 years later, like the solo to Sweet Child or Smoke on the Water for example.

The execution looks pretty solid for first take.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                  Visually it looks pretty complicated but when you pay attention the solo sounds like the same pattern and notes played in different positions, almost like call and response but fall short.

Definitely not something that sinks in your mind - phrase that you can recall and sing in your head 30 years later, like the solo to Sweet Child or Smoke on the Water for example.

The execution looks pretty solid for first take.
                  That's pretty accurate and nice. Wtf is wrong with you?

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post

Well, you idolize Cobain, so I think we can offer you a "compassionate pass"... LOL
                    Noone was more enraged than Cobain.

I bought them for you

Comment

Rollins was far more enraged back then.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

No way.
                        I bought them for you

Comment

It's not in me in to ****-talk other players. But yeah brutally honest you said. Bottom line...it' s well played but imo It's a bit too rigid/structured/practiced sounding. I think what it lacks in spontaneity/individuality,/memorability it makes up for in nice execution (which is pretty good). But as others have mentioned it's a bit generic sounding and you need to add some flow & some of your own playing nuances to it to make it stand out and really own it
                          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                            You should start a duo with Phantasmagoria.
                            Why not? Seemed to work for you and your pet chimp.

Sucks that he's alway's showing you up with his killer chops tho'..
                            "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                            If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                            X