RATT - Lay It Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RATT - Lay It Down

Legendary intro riff. No RATs (ProCo) were utilized.

Too much toan.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Needs a little bottom end IMO.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

If it was my tone, yeah, probably some more low end, but as usual LLL nails the original tone - https://youtu.be/F2Fo8p_up6c

Comment

Haha I realized I forgot to put the 200ms or so of delay on the 1st part. But I think it sounds better without (prolly because that's not exactly how the real one was done).

Comment

One of the more bad*ss riffs ever
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
              One of the more bad*ss riffs ever
              Warren definitely brought some class to the sleeze.

Comment

Wait - I got something for this!!!!

Gotta goi to Kung Fu, but I'll be back...
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                  If it was my tone, yeah, probably some more low end, but as usual LLL nails the original tone - https://youtu.be/F2Fo8p_up6c
                  I don't think I nailed it... but in the ballpark. I was using a Custom instead of a JB, for example. And shoulda removed the 200ms delay entirely.

I do dig the tone though.

Comment

Closer than I'll ever get, I don't have that kind of patience.

Comment

Just gonna take a moment and note LLL spends a lot of time putting his clips together. Indeed, they always kick arse. LLL does not have to share his efforts with us. That is his choice, but I will humbly ask you to not loose sight of that. We could get to enjoy his efforts, or we could go pound sand.
                      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
                        Just gonna take a moment and note LLL spends a lot of time putting his clips together. Indeed, they always kick arse. LLL does not have to share his efforts with us. That is his choice, but I will humbly ask you to not loose sight of that. We could get to enjoy his efforts, or we could go pound sand.
                        Thanks for the sentiments, but I have much much more work & improvement to do getting this production **** (read: studio polish) down overall on most of the sounds I fiddle with.

But most importantly, it's fun to do.

Comment

Sentiments aside, you give a sh#t ton to this forum. No one ever asked for that. It was probably you saw an opportunity to bring us along. Focus on that. Don't give up on us. Take your time and post when you can. Ignore the rest of us asshol$s. Please.
                          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Although it was tuned down more, and not as close to the actual sound of the real song, I like the way it sounded the first time you made this thread.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...y-it-down-ratt

But then again, what do I know? I'm just a some virtue-signalling jackass hypocrite f#ckhead. Not to mention the fact that I pretty much suck at guitar, try to pretend to be way better than I really am, do little to no soloing, and am very rudimentary and sloppy when I actually do solo......well, at least according to you.

By the way, thanks for the private message with the invite to your forum!!

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                              Although it was tuned down more, and not as close to the actual sound of the real song, I like the way it sounded the first time you made this thread.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...y-it-down-ratt

But then again, what do I know? I'm just a some virtue-signalling jackass hypocrite f#ckhead. Not to mention the fact that I pretty much suck at guitar, try to pretend to be way better than I really am, do little to no soloing, and am very rudimentary and sloppy when I actually do solo......well, at least according to you.

By the way, thanks for the private message with the invite to your forum!!
                              You're welcome, but you're mistaken - that was obviously no invite, because I had asked you if this (SDUGF) forum was dying... and pointing out why.

Keep in mind you've been mixed in with Ace & Securb because you yourself play the "backup" role with them; same peas in a pod.

You do have good rhythms and very good productions skills, and I stand by anything and everything I and the others say over there.

Now back on ****ing topic.

Comment

Working...
                              X