RATT - Lay It Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
    Although it was tuned down more, and not as close to the actual sound of the real song, I like the way it sounded the first time you made this thread.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...y-it-down-ratt
    I just relistened, man I love the low end on this one of LLL's version- especially on the walk back from E,F, G
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      Keep in mind you've been mixed in with Ace & Securb because you yourself play the "backup" role with them; same peas in a pod.
      Do me a favor and keep me out of your discussions. I have no desire to interact with you

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I just relistened, man I love the low end on this one of LLL's version- especially on the walk back from E,F, G
        It's juicier and fatter than my latest (because it's tuned down a half step and very little production).

But it's not close to the original EQ wise, whereas my latest is pretty close. Beau always trimmed off a good amount of fat.

Regardless, Beau's techniques baffle me. What you 'd think is a simple fare of "Marshall w SM57 slight EQing in the mix" is much much more.

He's at the very least using Pultecs, and God knows what else. RATT's record tone is no 2-D thing; it lives a la 3D.
        Last edited by LLL; 07-02-2022, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X