X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

• Poplar is insane with mids.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

• Sweet
        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

• hhmm...pup's are A5 for the poplar axe too.. that means the ceramic vs. alnico comparison 's off the table ..sucks

Youtube

Comment

• Also got a message from my local guitar store that they're expecting stock of a guitar I'd wanted/asked about a while ago. They expect them in next week sometime. But I'm kinda on the fence about it now (cuz $$$) & also I just bought a few new axes.

Still..... should'nt harm to head on over and take a look I guess..

Youtube

Comment

• Anyway...Pacifica w/the Laboga Classic 30/Vox 1x12/ SM57

Got a message saying my poplar axe will be delivered today...

But then I got the same message yesterday...

...& the day before

Youtube

Comment

• Well, what d'ya know...they came through ..the f'n legends!

Got it , unpacked it..strummed it & I'll be damned ..perfect tune!

..and that's after a long road trip pretty much right across the country (north to south). Anyway this thing was 100% ready to rock right out of the box....So I plugged it in an rocked it, protective plastic still over the pups and all.. Literally untouched until I plugged it in and recorded this:

It's 5 am here (my usual wake up time and I'll be heading out for a run soon). Reason for all the mystery is cuz I can't t take pics yet. (My crappy camera can't even take decent pics in the best light ...at 5am Forget it lol). Plus I'm holding out for a nice new NGD thread in the Guitar section up there ^^ w/ pics, video's and all

This is just the teaser for dudes like Clint (and GuitarDoc) ...beats teasing themselves in all their usual despicable ways!! At least this is educational & informative (and not illegal)

Youtube

Comment

• Meanwhile might as well get started w/ the educational comparisons..

First off, Bridge pup w/ protective plastic sticker on top removed (vs. w/ it still ON ^^ up there)

Is there a difference?? (I'd say yes!!) but you be the judge w/ your golden ears (not you Clint...cuz cauliflower ear)

Youtube

Comment

• What are you doing pp boi?! I don't have cauliflower ears. How do you think I can hear exactly what your process is? You even mentioned that you've read a little bit of theory off a pamphlet. I predicted that by hearing that you only use the major scale - which is extremely beginner and not very metal.

If you want to be metal, you're gonna want to work on minor pentatonic and natural minor. Gotta study up to be like the maestros and virtuosos.

I bought them for you

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                      in all their usual despicable ways!! At least this is educational & informative (and not illegal)
                      You better hide your kids mofo!

I bought them for you

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post

What are you doing pp boi?! I don't have cauliflower ears. How do you think I can hear exactly what your process is? You even mentioned that you've read a little bit of theory off a pamphlet. I predicted that by hearing that you only use the major scale - which is extremely beginner and not very metal.

If you want to be metal, you're gonna want to work on minor pentatonic and natural minor. Gotta study up to be like the maestros and virtuosos.
                        ​ Well tin ear then...call it w/e you want

& why would someone who's already metal af want to be metal?? Too much time spent loitering in the park w/ lewd intent has clearly taken it's toll on your brain

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                        You better hide your kids mofo!
                        They stay away from all your usual haunts anyway (kiddy parks, public latrine's etc.)

Youtube

Comment

• Anyway I'm headed up there ^^ for the bigtime.....and my brand new poplar NGD thread

C'ya

Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                            Well tin ear then...call it w/e you want
                            I don't have tin ear, I can hear. I think you might have a problem with that.

& why would someone who's already metal af want to be metal??
                            I just thought you might want to learn to play more metal instead of always playing power pop when you want to demonstrate how you can play proficiently.

I bought them for you

Comment

• There..there, Tin-eared people hear wonderfully..but they hear different things in a different way. Don't be so over-sensitive

What do you think those two clips up there are?? Plus there are eastern scales galore....major scale my ass. The power pop, jazz etc. is just to demonstrate the versatility of the instrument (ie. educational)

Youtube

Comment

• Beside Hss axes make me want to play more in the vein of Uli Roth, Blackmore (Gates of Babylon) & Schenker (if you know who they are.).I've done plenty metal...

And while your about it check out Crimson Glory as well. Midnight's golden pipes (silenced forever by cirrhosis of the liver) and the six string magic of Jon Drenning \m/ in his better days (sadly incarcerated atm for cooking meth or something like that.. )

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X