Did I Rip This Off From Someone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I Rip This Off From Someone?

It's just something that I came up with while watching TV. It sounds kind of familiar, like something RATM would have done, but I've never really even listened to them. I've probably only heard like 3 or 4 of their songs.

Here's another link to a different website in case the one above doesn't work.

Just some riffs that I came up with and recorded.

Comment

Doesn't sound exactly like anything I've heard before. The opening bit is similar to 2-3 songs I can think of, but not exactly any of them.

Comment

I added a quick solo at the beginning to make it sound more like me....lol

Listen to Groove With Solo by Jolly #np on #SoundCloud

Comment

I can't say it sounds stolen right now. It might sound stolen when the riff shows up on my band's next EP.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            I added a quick solo at the beginning to make it sound more like me....lol

Listen to Groove With Solo by Jolly #np on #SoundCloud

Long live the intro solo. Love it, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              Doesn't sound exactly like anything I've heard before. The opening bit is similar to 2-3 songs I can think of, but not exactly any of them.
              Cool. It didn't sound like anything else to me when I first started playing it while noodling around. However, when I started recording it and building it.... I wasn't so sure. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                I can't say it sounds stolen right now. It might sound stolen when the riff shows up on my band's next EP.
                lol..... go for it, man.

Comment

sounds good man! is that fuzz bass under the guitar?

love the idea of bruce stealin the riff for a song

Comment

Doesn’t matter. You didn’t intend to and nobody can copyright a rhythmically displaced groove lick. If you like it and it works for the song, keep it because it doesn’t jump out as being copied by rote in any way that matters.
                    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Absolutely not, but you might have...

Killer tone all around Bro!
                      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
                      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
                      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        sounds good man! is that fuzz bass under the guitar?
                        It's got a little bit of grit to it, but not much. I used my old Line 6 bass pod. It's a clean bass tone, but I made a duplicate of the track and put a Waves CLA Bass plugin on it. I just but a little bit of sub bass and a touch of grit on that track. I just mixed it with both of those tracks at the same level.

Comment

The first thing that jumped into my mind was Leslie West, from Mountain. Not a rip-off. Just an inspiration. Sweet!

I spoke too soon. This morphed into "Grindy." Love that. Kranked loud.
                          Last edited by ArtieToo; 03-06-2024, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Dat bass! Punches me in the gut and makes me want to release my bowles!!!
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                              The first thing that jumped into my mind was Leslie West, from Mountain. Not a rip-off. Just an inspiration. Sweet!

I spoke too soon. This morphed into "Grindy." Love that. Kranked loud.
                              Thanks!! I really need to finish working on Grindy. It has a lot to be done to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X