New Loop pedal day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Loop pedal day...

It's my third Nux looper. I already have the original Loop Core and the Loop Core Deluxe. My original Loop Core has been used to death and it's pretty beat up/slightly glitchy now having been banged around and dropped a whole lot all over the place over the years. I recorded my second goregrind album project entirely on it & also used it for half the improv video's on my youtube channel before I got Reaper.

The Loop Core Deluxe I got a couple of years ago as an upgrade (it's 24 bit vs the original's 16 bits) but have yet to use it. It's still new in it's box. I guess Reaper pretty much took over as far as recording goes for me.

But then I noticed that Nux had just released a new Loop Core Pedal. A "Stereo" 24 bit upgrade to their original Loop Core called the "Loop Core Stereo" with a lot more features//midi /better display etc & I thought that since I'm hopefully about to embark on recording our new two-man goregrind opus...I'd like to do it with just a loop pedal again, but this time maybe with a bit less of a Lo-Fi approach (obviously still no Abbey Road Studio recording though ) but maybe w/ more realistic sounding drums and an actual bass guitar (i'd prevoiusly played "bass" on my guitar using a bass sim) but still with some of that lo-fi/DIY vibe that our older stuff has...

The plan is to use my either my Mooer GE300 modeler or my Hotone Pulze recording/practice amp with it's stereo output straight out into the Nux Stereo pedal after first recording the drum tracks on it..lets see how things go. The huge plus here is it's very quick to work this way ...last time it took me about ten days to do all ten tracks from scratch...hoping for a repeat of that this time.

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Every guitarist could use a loop pedal, just for practicing. However, I tend to use rack loopers for composition as well (not the 'build a song from the ground up' kind).
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I can't stay without my TC Electronic Ditto X2 (I'm satisfied with a Ditto too but the stop button of the X2 is useful )

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
        I can't stay without my TC Electronic Ditto X2 (I'm satisfied with a Ditto too but the stop button of the X2 is useful )
        I have a Ditto X4 and it is fantastic. I love having 2 loops at once that are un-synced.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Why the Nux over say a Boss RC-5?

Comment

Take away the fact that the Boss is made by Boss and the Nux is the better looper (as in better/more features. ) and at just over half the price,.

@ 7.00 mins

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Can you use the Nux as a multi-part looper?

That is, can you add a midi controller to it and do the following by foot without stopping playback/recording to save:
              - Record an A part
              - Save the A part
              - Record a B part (in a new location)
              - Save the B part
              - Jump back and forth between the two parts?

Ideally the part changes (recording or playback) occur at the end of the loop of the playing part.

Some loopers have this ability ... but only after you stop playback to save each part.

Comment

I just got it to jam along to at home & maybe do some recording w/ it. It's probably the best in it's class (being a single button loop pedal) but for $129 it's no advanced loop station. Still, it might do what you described. I just have no idea about that myself...Sorry.

You should check out some of the reviews tutorials on YT..

Youtube

Comment

Yep this will do just fine. Thank you

Definitely a big improvement over the old Loop Core as far as SQ goes..& it's as easy/intuitive to use.

Youtube

Comment

For a basic Stereo recording this thing sounds as good as anything I've done in Reaper (ie. load the backing track as a loop & then jam over it).

Used my Charvel Pro Series (SD Custom 5 bridge) cuz I finally got around to changing the cruddy 2-yr-old strings yesterday

I screwed up at the end there and just stopped/took off again. It has a few options for re-starting & I used the "fade in" which worked great and sounds pretty sweet..

Stuff like instrument separation /clarity/punch/depth..all that stuff is so much better than my old 16 bit Loop Core pedal...

I mic'd the cab with the mic's (SM57/e906) -> a cheap Behringer mic preamp -> the Loop Core Stereo ..and done

Youtube

Comment

And the same thing with my old Bugera Warhorse
                      It may need a change of tubes soon though. There might a little less bass & gain than there used to be and I think I can hear some slight volume swells too..not really sure about that though. It might just be the different cab (going from it's own 4x12 to a 2x12..)

Anyway, if needed, I have a quad of El34's on hand but they're JJ's & I like the Shuggy's that are in the Bugera ...still I guess I'll pop them in and check them out..

Again, the Nux did a great job recording it
                      Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 04-10-2024, 09:44 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Same thing again w/ a twin lead (w/ Lead 1 & 2 channels on the Bugera)

I was thinking I should probably have recorded each solo in mono using just one looper input instead of in stereo using both inputs like I did. Separation's ok but I think it would have made the solo's "pop" a bit more that way...

Youtube

Comment

Charvel w/ the Bugie (don't really think it needs new tubes in the hurry...w/ a little tweaking of the EQ it sounds great w/ the Laney cab)

Also, I had long suspected it, but I now have no doubt....The Custom 5 is the best pup for squealies ever

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 04-12-2024, 03:32 AM.

Youtube

Comment

And now to see how it gels w/ SS amps..

Verdict: It gels fine

Youtube

Comment

Orange Super Crush 100 w/ my Schecter Sun Valley Shredder.

I think the Sustainiac's battery needs changing..it pretty much just instantly squeals when i turn it on or maybe it needs some trim-pot adjustment...

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X