New Loop pedal day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockin' & rollin' & sustainin'

Swapped the batteries out for new ones & it all works pretty well now..

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Every guitarist could use a loop pedal, just for practicing.
      I have a JamMan SoloXT that I got quite awhile ago. And though I think I do decent timing while I play, I can't seem to hit the footswitch at the right time to "sync the loop", so to speak. I haven't touched the thing in years.

Comment

Pretty sure most of the newer loopers have some kind of auto-sync thing for loop starts/stops...

Doubling the fun w/ the sustainiac...by throwing my Cry Baby From Hell wah into the mix as well

^^ makes me look forward even more to my incoming EHX talking fuzz-wah....man, that's going to be a blast when it arrives

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

It's actually really cool how easy it is to work the Sustainiac once you're used to it. In the beginning I found it near impossible to control, everythng just squealed & made a whole lot of noise but now while it can still run away from you and do it's own crazy thing sometimes (often turns out pretty sweet) it's actually pretty easy (not to mention ****loads of fun) to harness all that squealing harmonic mayhem and channel it into your playing

My Digitech FreqOut pedal does basically the same thing...but it somehow both sounds and feels different (not 'bad' or 'worse' just different) and having the two 3 way toggles at your fingertips gives you more options for changing pitches & things midway in real time...

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
            Pretty sure most of the newer loopers have some kind of auto-sync thing for loop starts/stops...
            The JamMan has some buried menus. I'll have to dig into it and see if it does that. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

It probably does...maybe watch a tutorial on YT....

Though sometimes it's fun when you record something out of sync & jam over it...

This started as a messed up loop timing-wise using my cheap little Zoom G1Xon processor (don't think it has the sync function for it's looper...it was super easy to mistime/mess loops up on) but it turned outto be fun soloing over cuz of the weird timing & vibe...

Youtube

Comment

Back to the Sustainiac.

This one's my Schecter into my Bugera (no wah) + the Laney 2x12 V30 Cab mic'd w/ a single Senhheiser e906

Youtube

Comment

Back to the mid-paced/slow rock. This one's w/ my Charvel & Laney IRT Studio..

Youtube

Comment

And w/ the sustainiac/wah...

Youtube

Comment

Hooked up my Randall T2 to the Eminence/Laney 2 12 w/ my Charvel (Custom 5 bridge)

Youtube

Comment

Got the two new 'Pulse PM12S' speakers for my MDF Randall 4x12 (awesome cheap V30 clones) to add to the two I put in there a couple of weeks ago so now it is fully loaded w/ four Pulse speakers

Sounds great. .At $35 each these are some of my fave cheap speakers and easily sound as good as anything you can buy ..like less spikey/slighly smoother V30's

With my Amt Stonehead/single SM57..

Youtube

Comment

Wow I just recorded the Randall through my Laney 2x12 V30 cab & the Pulse's and V30's sound really similar ...if you make allowances for the the different amp's, cabs, guitar's & mic's used

But yeah you can definitely tell how close they are..

Youtube

Comment

Randall on the red channel (Lead 1/unboosted) w/ my Kramer Baretta Special & the Laney 2x12 V30 cab....

Youtube

Comment

And one to something a bit more uptempo

Youtube

Comment

And a short clip w/ my Schecter..the last for a couple of days at least since I've gone and buggered up/cut my finger pretty badly. Always had that problem ,It's actually the string bending that gets me ..not the shred. Anyway I've found Dr Scholl's foot care cream for cracked feet to be pretty useful for fixing things w/ my fingers as long as I don't play for a while..Sucks.

I was however able to squeeze out this last clip..

Sparing & tasteful use of the sustainiac at the end there ^^ (less is less) elevated the Epic-ness of the tune to a whole new soaring level of grandeur
                                Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 04-20-2024, 05:57 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X