Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now...to go the other way...from subtle to OTT

Maxed out the talk effect...

Obviously the clip matters...cuz thats what showcases the tones :bigththumb:

Or I could always just do what everyone else does ..take a few pics ..talk about how lovely it sounds, get a whole lot of likes & call it a day...but that does'nt actually tell anybody anything...

I think my way is better..
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Cannon Rock w/ my Dime Wah for the purpose of scientific comparison

I think the Cockfight is more chatty

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Some speedy melodic power metal ..cuz that's always a good thing in my book

I maxxed out the "Bottom" control pot which had been hitherto untouched...makes it bassier/darker/fatter...but not by whole lot. It's still noticeable though. I think keeping ths somewhere in the middle (11-1:00 o'clock) maximizes the "talk" effect though...cuz more/sharper mids.

Still, this is more than enough for me..

Youtube

Comment

Like I said so many more tonal & sonic options to showcase & so little time (which should've ideally been in the pedal thread.... )

Anyway lets unlock more surprises down here...

The "Dying battery" effect.....

Makes it sound and feel all sputtery & choked up.....interesting, though I probably won't be returning to it much. ( I like more gain)..still, fun to mess around with from time to time

Youtube

Comment

Back to the nippy shred.

This time it's the regular "Wah" setting w/ the "Bottom" knob turned up/maxed. Apparently after having a look at the manual it's a "low frequency boost". There's already a "Tone" knob which I have'nt touched since I got it and thats always been set to about 11:00 o'clock...(so, more toward the treble side than the bass..)

I am really liking the tones I can get out of this even as a straight ahead wah pedal... w/o all the fun/gimmicky stuff...

Youtube

Comment

On a side/happy note my Ibanez GIO is now squealing ^^ like a ****ing pig & ..apparently YT has seen fit to reinstate me as well

Youtube

Comment

Thought I loaded up a new nippy backing track but it turned out to be the same one again....thought it sounded familiar

No matter ..this is with my Cort X11 Shredmeister. Another of those that plays like greased lightning (and sounds pretty sweet too. The Fat 50 EMG Retroactive's this one came w/ are proobably the most passive sounding & feeling {and looking!} active pups I've ever played..)

..in any case this axe is no slouch (though I'm beginning to wonder if the axes or just me )

Different settings/EQ on the pedal ('bottom' Halfway, tone knob about 1:00 o'clock etc..)

Youtube

Comment

A walk on the wild side with my flame-top SA (Lace Deathbucker bridge). Squeally, noisy, "wrong" and dirty. Jamming all out & having fun

Cuz guitars are meant to be played... and played hard

Youtube

Comment

A little less wild but no less nippy

With my Sire S7 H-S-S...(neck single coil)...

Youtube

Comment

Adding another level of sonic havok w/ my Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder (Sustainiac in the neck)

Some like gentle ambient strains from fancypants delay's and the like ...but all I want is a ****in wah/whammy bar/pedal & a Sustainiac

Chaos and dissonance reigning supreme

Youtube

Comment

With my Ibanez SA460MBW (stock Ibby pups)..first with the talk wah on (first half) & then with it turned off. Stuff like sweeping is a lot easier/clearer w/ it "off"...cuz...well obviousy hha...w/ all that talking/shouting/noise going on....it's like pissing in the wind

Youtube

Comment

Another lengthy but fun (for me ) jam w/ the Cockfight Wah pedal

This one's on the regular wah setting & I used my Randall T2HL head/ Laney V30 2x12. Gotta say, it sounds fantastic w/ the V30's

And that ^^ Ibby GSA has some seriously sweet tone

Youtube

Comment

Same Wah settings on the pedal going into my Vox Night Train 50 /Vox 1x12 cab w/ Celestion Redback mic'd w/ an Audio Technica AT2020 condenser..soft rock.

Youtube

Comment

Again w/ the Vox rig. Tweaked the pedal's EQ/Bottom a bit to make it slightly darker & turned down the onboard gain a bit as well..

The groovy 70's/Sabbathy single note wah riff at the start came to me as I was waiting for the backing track to start...so I just left it there cuz it's pretty sweet though it does'nt really go w/ anything that comes after

Youtube

Comment

Thought I'd try the "dying Battery" thing w/ the Night Train 50...

It's nice & farty

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X