banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WITH FULL DISTORTION - Is this brutal enough for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WITH FULL DISTORTION - Is this brutal enough for you?

WFD,

Your last clips inspired some brutality of my own.
    After I burned down the neighborhood I started working on a Megadeth song that I dig.

Tell me if it's brutal enough for you, and if I can sit in with Belfamal next time you're in town??

It is "Metal Brutality Clip."

-Matt
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Re: WITH FULL DISTORTION - Is this brutal enough for you?

Duncan Distortion is the first comes in my head when i heard this clip. Is this right?
    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
    TS 7 (modded)
    Hot Rod 50+ XL
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    V-AMP II for practice

Comment

No idea, but good playing! I dig that song
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel
        Duncan Distortion is the first comes in my head when i heard this clip. Is this right?
        Yep. Actually it's two guitars. One is my MIJ Jackson Dinky w/ JB, the other is the Jackson soloist w/Distorion. The JB has a nicer voice, but the Distortion hits harder and is more "Metal."
        On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
          No idea, but good playing! I dig that song
          Thanks. It's a Megadeth tune. I have no original thoughts in my head.

Everyone needs a little 'Deth in their life, don't you think?

-Matt

Comment

Quite nice song... Never heard Megadeth so I can't tell how much it is a rip-off or not.

Brutalety is not the importan thing in my opinion. It is the atmosphere and groove who is most important to me.
            Last edited by Mayhem; 06-13-2004, 12:26 PM.

Comment

the drums are the only thing i'd call brutal but thats not a bad thing

the playings good and the song sounds cool

nice work man, i might upload some heavy stuff of my own
              My clips

Originally posted by Rid
              How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

nice. i like it

how do you compare the JB to the distortion? does the DD have less shril heights and bit more lows than the JB?

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
                  the drums are the only thing i'd call brutal but thats not a bad thing
                  Yeah, I was thinking about that. I'm not sure it's humanly possible to play those drums. Double bass 16th notes at 180 bpm for several minutes. A guy might have to be on meth or crank to last that long.

Ah, the miracle of modern technology.

As for brutality, I agree with you, and a subwoofer helps alot. Still, this is about as close to brutal death metal that I get. And it ain't even death metal... its' Deth metal.

If I had to sit in with WFD's band for very long, I would probably need to go get an exorcism.

Originally posted by Davey
                  how do you compare the JB to the distortion? does the DD have less shril heights and bit more lows than the JB?
                  To my ear, there's not a tremendous difference, but I'm not that sensitive to these things. The JB has kind of a more musical sound. The DD definitely has a tighter bottom end, punches harder and has a more of a 'kachunk' sound than the JB. The DD is in a dark sounding guitar already, so it's not overly bright, but it might be bright in a more neutral sounding guitar. These two guitars seem to compliment each other in my ears.
                  Last edited by JammerMatt; 06-13-2004, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt
                    Thanks. It's a Megadeth tune. I have no original thoughts in my head.

Everyone needs a little 'Deth in their life, don't you think?

-Matt
                    No idea as in 'no idea' whether you were using a Duncan Distortion - sorry 'bout confusion

And yep, they rock! Matty Friedman's (sp) solo on "Trust"! mm
                    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
                      No idea as in 'no idea' whether you were using a Duncan Distortion - sorry 'bout confusion

And yep, they rock! Matty Friedman's (sp) solo on "Trust"! mm
                      Oh, oh, now I understand. Just to clear that up... A few weeks back a member who's handle is "WITH FULL DISTORTION" posted some very brutal clips from his band, Belfemal. He's from Brazil, and he's a real fun dude. Anyway, we got to talking about how brutal and evil his tunes sounded (Death Metal I suppose it would be called), and how we were becoming possessed by his music. It was all in good fun, so I thought I'd post WFD a brutal clip from my neck of the woods.

As for Friedman... that guys rips, and that was my favorite era for Megadeth. Now, if I could only cover some tunes from "Rust." Marty's too good for me to cop.

Comment

HAILS JAMMERMATT
                        "The page cannot be found
                        The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. "
                        when i tried to enter the page
                        can you send the track to my email? donŽt worry, iŽll receive it.
                        if not, iŽll try to download it later bcause now, thereŽs an error message
                        Q
                        IŽm eager to hear it.
                        Q
                        J.P
                        Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                        Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                        Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                        Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                        Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                        Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                        Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                        Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

That's good stuff! But IMHO the guitars could have sounded a little more brutal. Nevertheless good tone!

Comment

That would be a result of the recording gear wouldn't it?

(In fact, if any of you guys could tell me how to record stuff that would be bloddy well appreciated! I just plug my guitar into the amp and start recording using "sound recorder" in accessories and get the microphone attached to my computer which is like 3 meters away from my amp to record it. Perhaps there is a way to have your guitar plugged directly into the computer???)

JammerMatt I downloaded Belief, and I dig WFD's solo in that... good stuff both of you!

Comment

Originally posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION
                              HAILS JAMMERMATT
                              "The page cannot be found
                              The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. "
                              when i tried to enter the page
                              can you send the track to my email? donŽt worry, iŽll receive it.
                              if not, iŽll try to download it later bcause now, thereŽs an error message
                              Q
                              IŽm eager to hear it.
                              Q
                              J.P

It's back up again. Their site was down for a little while. I have dial-up, so it would take forever for me to e-mail it I think.

-Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X