banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WITH FULL DISTORTION - Is this brutal enough for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WITH FULL DISTORTION - Is this brutal enough for you?

I have a Line6 with XLR outputs. I took those and adapted them to 1/8" input and plugged straight into my soundcard, and I am using Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro Version 3. Some of the brutal tone must get lost in the chain somewhere, but it sounds sorta smooth which maybe isn't too bad. The drums I played directly from a Boss Jamstation, I had to sort of sync it by ear. I haven't tried using mic's yet since I don't own any.
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Ah alright, so to record directly into the computer you pretty much need a guitar which has similar capabilities to Line 6 guitars, like the Roland Ready strat, and those kinda things?
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

HOLY **** man....ahahah for a guy that are not into extreme metal scene, you got the feeling.
        the first riff is a deathmetal one, the second and the third are, on the following sequence, open sound/heavy metal stuff and the 3rd one is like Heavysihblackmetal stuff.
        ahahha i liked .
        but.. with a LITTLE MORE DISTORTION, IT SHOULD BE Almost perfect
        Q
        Hails and cheers.
        Q

SO, Who from the forum will want a copy of our demo?
        Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
        Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
        Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
        Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
        Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
        Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
        Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
        Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

the drums are death as it can get.....

the guitars are great for metal but not very brutal, which isnt a bad thing. cool thing.
          esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
          fender mim standard strat
          peavey classic 30
          johnson j-station
          original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
          dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
          yamaha f-310p acoustic
          taylor 410 acoustic
          "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
            Ah alright, so to record directly into the computer you pretty much need a guitar which has similar capabilities to Line 6 guitars, like the Roland Ready strat, and those kinda things?
            I plugged my guitar straight into my soundcard once, but I used the Cakewalk software to record. You should still be able to use a mic if you like, and plug it direct into the soundcard. However, I don't know how to record using just the Windows stuff. There ought to be a way, however.

-Matt
            On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION
              HOLY **** man....ahahah for a guy that are not into extreme metal scene, you got the feeling.
              the first riff is a deathmetal one, the second and the third are, on the following sequence, open sound/heavy metal stuff and the 3rd one is like Heavysihblackmetal stuff.
              ahahha i liked .
              but.. with a LITTLE MORE DISTORTION, IT SHOULD BE Almost perfect
              Ha ha. I knew you'd dig the first portion, its 180 bpm and my pick hand was going like crazy. That's about as fast as I could go when I recorded that at about 1 AM, and believe me it sounded a little muddy before I put the drums in there.

I was using a Line6 and I was using the Marshall JCM800 model, with a tubescreamer in front. The tubescreamer probably smoothed out the sound and made it less brutal sounding - more of an 80's metal sound perhaps, which is what I'm into. Maybe if I want to do more death metal, I'll need to get a true distortion pedal.

But I suppose that WFD can never have enough distortion, eh!!

Oh, and sign me up for a demo. I need some more death in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                the drums are death as it can get.....

the guitars are great for metal but not very brutal, which isnt a bad thing. cool thing.
                Yeah, I agree. I love those drums, they make it what it is.

I'm an 80's metal kind of guy, so you hit it on the head. I don't think I even know how to get a death metal sound. That was an example of an 80's metal, middle-aged, middle-class white guy, whose joints are falling apart, doing death metal in his room while the wife and kids slept on a Saturday night. In fact, I think I will name the clip just that!!

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll post it again when I figure out the solos which should take about a year.

-Matt

Comment

Well done, my friend!!

I really like the 16th note chugging in the beginning, and the tasty trem work at the end.
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

after i get my jackson V i'm putting up some brutality

well... this is some older shredding of mine (please dont crucify me cos of the scratching, but it's been recorded with a realy ****ty mic and i couldnt filter the scratching out that good with cool edit, without losing that much sound)
                    the gear at the time.. my epi SG, an ibanez smash box and .. wait for it... a marshall G10 Mk.II
                    dont know if i had the duncans there yet.. i def had em when i recorded wrathchild. the second one is a riff of mine, but i dont know where i could fit it in.. pretty trashy, could be a bridge or something. i like it hehe .. i experimented with the sound a bit.. tried to make it a bit darker. and there's some reverb also

Wrathchild (two guitars here.. one regular and one in drop D .. i wish it had less scratching - could have recorded it less loud also =P )

dontcha be stealin this!

WFD hope ya like it

this one is a bit more than 5 years old.. powersound through my friends fender roc pro 750 and an ibanez smash box.. same ****ty mic
                    sanitarium (screwed up the ending up a bit lol)
                    Last edited by Davey; 06-14-2004, 12:38 PM.

Comment

****ING HAILS GUYS
                      Q:P
                      ahahahahh DISTORTION, DISTORTION, DISTORTION.
                      ahahahahahahahahhah
                      Thatīs ME!
                      Distortion.. oops, WITH FULL Distortion.
                      hahahahah Well hails davey from Slovenia. man, the wrathchild, i liked it better than the other distortions, and that warriorsample have a better cool playing than the others. the metallica one has a lot of little mistakes on the palm mutting and even in the riffs, but thatīs ok man. Q
                      the distortion on all 3 samples are not my favorite, they looks like some kind of overpowered little radio that you plugged your guitar in and get NATURAL distortion. ahahahah
                      sorry if i offended you .Just showing my opinion on the distortion of the samples.
                      Q
                      Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                      Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Comment

HAILS JAMMERMATT......... Iīm not recording soundclips too much because iīm without an AMP so, i preffer to not record anything.
                        iīll try to buy a tube amp, but i donīt think i wil suceed, ahahahah letīs see.
                        again..... good sample, ahahah can you record another one with some iron maiden stuff, maybe a the trooper start riff, or a HBTname main riff?
                        Ah. talking about The trooper, iīm trying to figure out the 2 solo, do you know how to play it?
                        i firue out some Isolated notes, but i canīt get the entire parts and learn how to play it just listen to it and trying to find the notes on the guitar neck
                        thatīs the way i learn all the riffs i play on teh samples, exerpt the ones some friends teachs me.... and the one from slayer-angel of death middle riff that i learned fro ma guitar magazine.
                        pretty hard to figure out that riff.
                        Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                        Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                          Well done, my friend!!

I really like the 16th note chugging in the beginning, and the tasty trem work at the end.
                          Thanks for the encouraging words. Any tone-tweaking tips? The rhythm sound might be a bit "soft" without much attack. But, I'm wondering if that's typical of a tubescreamer in front, the signal chain, or even a "soft" touch.

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                            after i get my jackson V i'm putting up some brutality

well... .. tried to make it a bit darker. and there's some reverb also

I dug it. I love Maiden <<<<<<. I think your playing did it justice, but like you said it's quite bright and scratchy. Nothing some other gear wouldn't help, tho.

The 2nd tune was sorta Maiden-esque also. You're right, it might make a good part of a song. Keep on, bro! You can't go wrong with Maiden!

Comment

Hey Davey, those clips aren't working for me. There's Maiden in there? I MUST LISTEN!

I know the solos on "The Trooper" inside and out, but I don't think I should record it. I don't have any backing tracks for it, it might just come out sounding stupid

Anyway, cool clip, JammerMatt. What Megadeth song is that? I recognize it, but am kicking myself for not remembering because I LOVE Megadeth
                              Watch My Videos
                              Photography
                              www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
                              "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Hej Biu, to you know the 2 solos? play it without a playback
                                i just want to hear the notes in a slow motion
                                Q
                                if you have a tab, send them to me at [email protected]
                                THANKīS GUYS
                                Q
                                Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                                Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Comment

Working...
                                X