old marshall head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: old marshall head

You said "I think the amp is the first one marshall made." I just ws telling you that it could not be...

pull the chassis, get the serial number, find out if it is or is not on a PCB, and get a few pics and we'll figure it out for you.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

i should have said the one of the first model.i have taken the chassis out and there is nothing on it telling you the model number.it is a pcb board.i think i will settle for the jtm 45

peter

Comment

Ok, a JTM45 is NOT a 100 watt amp...you're amp has 4 EL34's therefor it is a 100 watt so it can not be a JTM45, also if it is on a PCB then it is a 1974 or later...all pre 1974 marshalls are hand wired PTP. Marshall also switched to the large logo sometime around 1975 or so but they went to rocker switches that had the piolet switch built in around 1976 so Im guessing that you have a mid 70's (after a 1974 but before a 1976) "1959 Super Lead".

That is if I am understanding you right on all these features.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by chopstherocker
          Christian's kinda like the Mounties. His always get's his amp.
          Or Klondike Kat...

*Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
          Originally posted by Slash2987
          Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
          Originally posted by PVFan
          I'm a good sex man.
          Originally posted by Grumpy
          I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Just trying to help a brother out!

Comment

maybe you are talking about jtm45 11 i think you will find marshalls first amp was a jtm45 100 watt

peter

Comment

You're sure it's an actual Marshall rather than a clone?
                Guitars:
                Agile AL 3000 (Custom/59 hybrid, stock neck)
                Agile LP 2000 (A2Pro Set)
                Fender JV Strat (Texas Hot bridge, Surfer N+M)

Amps:
                5150, Bogner Shiva, JTM 45 Clone, Vox AD15VT

Cab: Avatar 4x12

Comment

I remember putting Marshall logos on non Marshall stuff to make it look cool. Perhaps that's what happened here ? Marshalls with a black plastic panel are bass amps. But without piping and a fuse on the front ? Sorry bro, sounds to me like somebody made an amp look cool there.

Lately, it's been fashionable to butcher the logo to arshol or Warshaw on real Marshalls .. I passed up on buying a really beat up "snall" 2203, thinking I would get that sound and a clean channel in one amp that would sound too good to be true.
                  Last edited by V!N; 10-09-2006, 04:31 AM. Reason: zpellign
                  I've been driving all night, my hands wet on the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by peter.lenaghan View Post
                    maybe you are talking about jtm45 11 i think you will find marshalls first amp was a jtm45 100 watt
                    peter
                    Peter,

The first Marshall amps were JTM45 and they were actually about 35 or so watts, there was in fact a handfull of amps called the JTM45/100 which was a 100 watt amp but those were ALL handwired and had KT66 power tubes, square logo's and were made in the late 60's...I have told you what I think your amp is and based on what you have told me about it I stand by that.

To be honest the blackface panel, front monuted fuse holder, etc make me thing that it might not even be a Marshall but if it is then I still put it as a mid 70's 1959 Super Lead.
                    Last edited by the guy who invented fire; 10-09-2006, 05:10 AM.

Comment

I had a late 70s solid state marshall with a black faceplate. It was a 100 watt combo, from 78.
                      ]
                      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar3000 View Post
                        I had a late 70s solid state marshall with a black faceplate. It was a 100 watt combo, from 78.
                        I didn't know about those, was the fuse on the front ?
                        I've been driving all night, my hands wet on the wheel.

Comment

the guy who invented fire i dont know if its hand wired or not i didnt understand your question about the pcb board. the amp i have got is the exact same inside as the first jtm45 100watt amps.at the side of one of the power valves scratched on the chassis is kt66.i seen somewhere where that marshall used kt66 valves for a while then started el34 valves because they were cheaper.that was in the 60s for the jtm45

thanks peter

Comment

Does it look like this? This is a JTM45/100
                            '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

chopthe rocker some of the first jtm45 were 100watt check four posts up from the guy who invented fire. jumpmarine it is the exect same as that.but the back facia is brown and the front is black.at the front left side at the end where the two switches are there is a fuse.all the front knobs are really old fashoned not like yours

thanks peter

Comment

When are we gonna get these pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X