Just got a crunch box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just got a crunch box.

I got V2 and I love how it sounds through my 59 bassman RI.
    "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

the v1/v2 thing may be why I wasn't impressed with one I tried a while ago but really liked the one I tried last week...
      Originally posted by Jolly
      ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Ive had it a week and its ability to sounds so amplike is amazing. I love it so much!
        #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
        #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
        #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
        #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
        #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
        Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
        Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
        Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

I just got a Crunchbox yesterday, put it on the board untested, and used it last night. Normally I run two ODs. I am really impressed. I haven't messed with the internal trimmer, but with the gain set (as has been previously stated) around 11:0 - 12:00 the sound is awesome. I have only played one Marshall in my life so I can't say it sounds like this or that.

I am basically an OD layer so the crunch is a little too thick for me for rhythm use, but the lead tone is tight without being overly compressed. It is by far the best distortion pedal I have heard, and I'm looking forward to experimenting with it more.
          I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Anyone using the Crunch Box through a bright, clean Fender Blackface type amp?

Comment

What's the difference between V2 and V3? I read somewhere that it's basically cosmetics/layout?

Comment

Crunchbox=OK

Lovepedal Superlead=Perfection!
                Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

?! Threadnomancy!
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by fretburner View Post
                    What's the difference between V2 and V3? I read somewhere that it's basically cosmetics/layout?

Comment

I got mine for $80 =] and I LOVE it. You can get really heavy with it if you want but I love setting all the knobs to about 10:00 so it only breaks up when i dig in. Great pedal.

Comment

I loved it. I set the gain at about 11 o'clock and the tone to noon after I adjusted the internal persence trimmer to match the Galaxie 10...Volume just between unity and boost. just where it tickles the tubes and before it pushes them too hard.

this gave me an aggressive crunch that reminds me of the old jubilee marshalls. maybe similar to a SL-X JCM900? It gets more amplike at 18v and 24v. good for chuga chuga and lead work.

I sold it to bigmack209 last week because my Barber dual channel OD does what I want the crunch box for on the red channel. the phono recovery stages in barber pedals make for a complex midrange...I just cant get enough.
                        #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
                        #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
                        #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
                        #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
                        #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
                        Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
                        Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
                        Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

Working...
                        X