How happy are you with your gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How happy are you with your gear?

Let's just make it a survey. What else do you need or want?
    1 - Completely dissatisfied, I should start again from scratch.
    0%
    2 - I have a piece or two I'm happy with, but I need a lot.
    12.99%
    3 - I could take it or leave it.
    7.79%
    4 - I suffer from the occasional bout of GAS.
    53.25%
    5 - I've got all I need. You can reach me in tonal nirvana.
    22.08%
    Rob option (According to forum rules, this is a necessary option)
    3.90%

Re: How happy are you with your gear?

A good stand alone compressor, wah, boost and ABY box and I'm completely done buying stuff.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

There's a lot I want, there's nothing I need.
      Originally posted by krankguitarist
      And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

The only thing I would perhaps be happier with is more warmth in my tone, other than I can't complain, as rare as that is for a guitarist.

Comment

Actually, am I supposed to use to 'r's in guitarist?

Comment

There's always a few things I'd love to own but overall I'm perfectly content with what I've got and the noises that come out of the speakers. Between the 5-6 amps, 12+ guitars and 40 pedals... if I can't find a good sound the problem isn't the gear.

I'm also just about out of storage space so if I bought another amp then something would have to go! Hell, I just gave a guitar away to a buddy when the Talman arrived... too many guitars, too little room.
            J. 'Moose' Kahrs
            mixer|producer|recordist
            mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
            All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

I love every thing I have, but I still want a couple more pedals, and there's a guitar I intend to get sometime next year.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with my rig now. I've got everything I need and the tones i want.

For now.

Who know's...? As my playing progresses I may have the need for an effect or specific tone... That's what GAS is all about...
                If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Too many guitars (47), but there's a couple I"d like to sell. They'll always be more gear that I have GAS for.

But for the most part, my gear puts a smile on my face. I know who I am, and I have the gear that I like.

But that won't keep me from wanting a flametop 1960 VOS Sunburst Les Paul, a Mesa Mark V combo, a Martin D-18 Golden Era, a better 12-string electric and another G&L Legacy Special. But they're just icing on the cake.

Mark me down as a 4.9.

Bill
                  When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

I'm very very satisfied with everything that I own. I have great guitars, and I have great amps. Not to sound like I'm bragging, but I think most people would kill just to have half of what I have. However, I'll always be buying more great pieces of gear. It's just the way I am.

Comment

I'm pretty content and the only thing I "think" I want to do is get a pedaltrain, T Rex pedal board (or similar) and a Voodoo Labs power supply and 4 new 5 - 6 mt guitar leads.

Comment

Giant rig: 100% happy

Big rig: 100% happy

Medium Big rig: 100% happy

Medium Small rig: 100% happy

Small rig: on the hunt, sniff, sniff.
                        tele / wolfie
                        pittbull 50cl
                        greenbacks

Comment

Meh, I'm about in the middle. I get pretty decent sounds being that everything I own is on the lower end of midrange. I have two guitars to sell and three that I'd like to buy. I love effects but I only have one pedal (that I use) so I'll be on the hunt for more when I get financially sorted out. I really like both my amps but once I get back to gigging I'll probably want something bigger and better.

I have good days and bad days but overall I'm fairly happy with what I have at the minute. There's actually more pickups I want to try than guitars I want to own...
                          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                            Not to sound like I'm bragging, but I think most people would kill just to have half of what I have.
                            If you're in the giving mood, I'll take your JVM and a Les Paul, please.

Comment

Originally posted by RushOfBlood View Post
                              There's a lot I want, there's nothing I need.
                              I couldn't have said better!
                              "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

Working...
                              X