How happy are you with your gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How happy are you with your gear?

My rig is fine for practice, but I completely lack a live rig, which makes for a sad me. I'd be content with a 50 watt vox valvetronix, and some random pedals, a crybaby, fuzz face, and some cool looper, maybe. I'm not very picky with gear. as long as it sounds like not-crap, or at least like good crap. I just need a clean-ish tone and a fuzz tone, that's all I ask.

Comment

I believe I'm happier than I think I am. But it's probably the thought that maybe there's something better or something that I'll like more that drives the urge to get more gear.
      "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
      "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
      "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
      "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Happy, but could be better. I guess it's a 3.5!

Guitars, I'm really happy with my Ibanez but the Strats... not so much. I'm thinking of selling both and hot-rod a hollowbody or something.
        Turns out everything I liked about single coils is done better to my ears by low output humbuckers.

Amp/pedalwise, I'm turning a corner where I'll do something I haven't tried before: Investing in a few high quality distortion/OD stompboxes.
        My Cube's distorted sounds are decent at best, but it has an excellent clean channel.
        So I'll throw a Zvex Distortron as the basis for my dirty sounds, with help from an OD box to get more juice if needed. Sort of a three channel thing.

We'll see if that's good enough, I think it will be. But if not, the Cube's going out and shall be replaced by a good ol' tube amp.
        Last edited by Diego; 09-01-2010, 12:38 PM.
        Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
        Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
        Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
        Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Working...
        X