Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: asking the impossible....

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
    Why do you hate Americans? I mean yeah, we brought more war to the Middle East, refuse to give rights to minority groups until they beg and plead, we think we're the best at everything when really we're the best at being the worst - but I don't get why you hate Americans.

Who took a **** in your wheaties?

Dood... I'm hoping this was all sarcasm.

Either way, I'd rather not get my daily dose of political "wisdom" and historical perspective from a friggin music forum.
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post

I grew-up playing in the 80s. All we had for quality tube amps back then were Marshalls for overdrive, and Fenders for cleans. (Didn't mean to omit Vox, but very few of us had them or seemed to care about them.) So we all went through a LOT of Marshalls and Fenders. And we all used a TS9 (or a RAT) for a drive pedal.
      You forgot the ds1 man!
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Oh yeah, by the way Gibson175, keep us posted when you received your Hartman RAT style pedal will you?
        Kind of curious on how you will like it on your Fender, so keep us informed!
        "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

will do. I have one of Theo Hartmans NKT 275 fuzzes and that is a great sounding box and he was very helpful when it came to modding it like Jimi Hendrix's old roger mayer fuzz faces. Im sure the distortion pedal will be top quality but i guess it remains to be seen if i can get a passable dirty sound with the rat clone and the fender. If not, then i may still build a bsiab.
          PS. anyone who is not aware of Theo Hartman you should totally check him and his work out. Hes right up there with analogman in terms of knowledge and quality. Really smart and good guy.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Never heard of Theo Hartman before your post and link gibson175, but as often, I am convinced that some of the more unknown manufacturers out there can be some of the best at the same time (same with musicians sometimes is it not?).
            I am pretty sure this guy knows his stuff, and you indicate he is open to personal requests and offers good customer service. His pedals are hand built, using quality components, true bypass over 3PDT, ... I am convinced his pedals are all of top notch quality. I think the price I've seen on them on your link (150$) is very acceptable for a pedal like that, something you see to little on boutique pedals, a fair price, but this one has it all, so just like for the maker of the Timmy, I put my both thumbs up for Mr. Hartman!

I am also curious how you will like a good RAT clone on your Fender, if it will fit the bill or not, so thanks in advance for keeping us posted!
            "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

DLS v2

Comment

Working...
              X