New Amp Day!!!! Blackstar content!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp Day!!!! Blackstar content!

Well I hit like every guitar shop in town today and played just about every amp that was in my price range. I played the tweaker but it just didn't have as much power as I need and there was just something I didn't like about it. After playing tons of amps I ended up getting the new Blackstar HT-40 and I'm very happy with it! I love this thing!!! I traded my Peavey Delta Blues 115, Fender Mustang II, and some money for it. I'll post pics when I get home.
    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Re: New Amp Day!!!! Blackstar content!

Nice!
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Sweet! Looking forward to pics and a review...

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Wanna see !
        There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
        Don't ask.

Comment

Great amp. Blackstar was a close second to my jet city
          Ibanez S520-> NS2->TS9 (Monte Allums Modded)->JCA100H->Emi Texas Heat 4x12

Comment

I played through a Delta Blues at a jam night last week and thought it was pretty good. What do you prefer about the Blackstar ? I've got one of their pedals and I really like it.

Comment

Congratulations!! I've watched/listened to a few of those demos and they sound great.

Comment

I'd love to see how they improved on the HT-5 aside from higher power handling. I think the switchable cleans would be good, and I like the fact they've doubled the compliment of tubes.

Comment

I'm envious. That's the amp I want. However, I've been contemplating the Soloist 60 instead. What made you decide on the HT-40? Did you try a Soloist 60?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                    Nice!
                    Thanks, I love it!
                    Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                    Sweet! Looking forward to pics and a review...
                    I'll try too get some up as soon as I can, gotta dig the camera out lol
                    Originally posted by Nagash View Post
                    Wanna see !
                    I'll try to get some pics up soon.
                    Originally posted by Mattr4president View Post
                    Great amp. Blackstar was a close second to my jet city
                    I played some jet city amps today too, they are really nice! The Blackstar was the one for me though.
                    Originally posted by richard parker View Post
                    I played through a Delta Blues at a jam night last week and thought it was pretty good. What do you prefer about the Blackstar ? I've got one of their pedals and I really like it.
                    The Delta Blues really isn't a bad amp at all, I just really didn't like the 15" speaker. For me it just had too much bass and kind of shrill highs and I was just looking for something a 12" speaker something other than an EL84 amp because it just wasn't the tone I was looking for. The Blackstar was it I actually like the clean channel on the HT-40 much better than the clean on the Delta Blues, and the clean on the HT-40 only has a volume & a tone control, and a 'boutique' and 'modern' switch... I don't konw how they make it sound so good! lol The HT-40 takes pedals better than the Delta Blues also, some of the pedals that I didn't like and I was going to sell I love them through the HT-40.
                    Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                    Congratulations!! I've watched/listened to a few of those demos and they sound great.
                    Thanks!
                    Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                    I'd love to see how they improved on the HT-5 aside from higher power handling. I think the switchable cleans would be good, and I like the fact they've doubled the compliment of tubes.
                    There was a guy in the shop buying the HT-5 at the same time I was buying mine. The shop can't hardly keep these amps in stock.
                    Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
                    I'm envious. That's the amp I want. However, I've been contemplating the Soloist 60 instead. What made you decide on the HT-40? Did you try a Soloist 60?
                    I haven't ever played a Soloist 60. I was really just out looking for an amp with a really awesome clean channel and this actually had the best clean out of any of the amps I played today, very flexible and it just has this amazing warm, crisp tone on the modern setting, exactly what I was looking for. The clean on the HT-40 only has a volume & a tone control, and a 'boutique' and 'modern' switch but it was better than all the other amps that even had a full EQ section. It also has a really awesome gain channel too that can go from Marshall crunch to heavier modern tones (even more so with an overdrive pedal on top). This was just the amp for me.

Comment

NEW STUFF ROCKS!!!
                      Originally posted by jeremy
                      God hates bad guitar tone
                      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Good choice! I own HT40 for more than a year now ant it's a great amp. TAD power tubes are not the best but since they came with an amp they can play .

Comment

Fantastic amp, rock it like you mean it! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                            NEW STUFF ROCKS!!!
                            YES IT DOES!!! Lol
                            Originally posted by drakone View Post
                            Good choice! I own HT40 for more than a year now ant it's a great amp. TAD power tubes are not the best but since they came with an amp they can play .
                            Thanks man, I really like it! What tubes would you suggest putting in it?
                            Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                            Fantastic amp, rock it like you mean it! Congrats.
                            Thanks man, will do!!!

Hey everyone, I'll try to get some pics up as soon as I can! I hate new amp day threads without pics too. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
                              Thanks man, I really like it! What tubes would you suggest putting in it?
                              I can tell you that the best sounding tube in my HT-5's preamp was the Tung-Sol. I also like it best in my Jet City. I would suggest you start there. I didn't notice much difference at all when I swapped power tubes. I would think you would notice a much bigger difference overall in the preamp, and certainly your bang for the buck is there.

I would suggest you get at least a Tung-Sol, a JJ and a Chinese tube, and see what you like. I think the Mullard gives a smooth, high-gain sound, but I think they're also the most expensive of the current crop. The reason I suggest those three are because they're the best of the factories that are still pumping out tubes to my ears, and they're the most varied.

Comment

Working...
                              X