• combos. Never again.

tube rattle.

jingle bells.

none for me thanks.
    tele / wolfie
    pittbull 50cl
    greenbacks

Re: combos. Never again.

while you're playing? are you not smart?
    tele / wolfie
    pittbull 50cl
    greenbacks

Comment

Put those anti tube rattling thingies on them and they're fine.
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

A well made combo does not have that problem.

But yeah some are bad.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
          Put those anti tube rattling thingies on them and they're fine.
          no, they're not. Holy crap is that a wrong answer. Nothing will stop a tube recto from making jingle bells when you hit a fatty. Those O-rings don't help with el-84s at all when they share a box with a speaker. Mythbusted.
          tele / wolfie
          pittbull 50cl
          greenbacks

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
            A well made combo does not have that problem.

But yeah some are bad.
            nah, wrong. Dr. Z amps are well made. So are Fenders. Every combo does it. I hear from a lot of players who say they don't have this problem. Maybe they're lucky. I hear from others who say the same thing I'm saying right here.
            tele / wolfie
            pittbull 50cl
            greenbacks

Comment

Originally posted by PVFan View Post
              Every combo does it. I hear from a lot of players who say they don't have this problem. Maybe they're lucky. I hear from others who say the same thing I'm saying right here.
              You just contradicted your own statement of "fact".

I've had several combo amps that did not do this. A Mesa F50, and Rivera Chubster are two off the top of my head. Yes, I'm wrong

Maybe Dr.Z amps sound great but aren't built all that great? (and clearly modern production fenders are nothing stellar for build quality)
              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

no I didn't contradict myself JeffB, but let me try to be more clear. Every combo I have plugged into does the jingle bells. I also said other players don't have the problem, and I said maybe they are lucky. If I played your combos I would get jingle bells. I would hand the guitar back, and maybe you would not get jingle bells. There are reasons for that, too.

Dr. Z amps are built very well. I meant old Fenders too. All combos, in fact.
                tele / wolfie
                pittbull 50cl
                greenbacks

Comment

Originally posted by PVFan View Post
                  no I didn't contradict myself JeffB, but let me try to be more clear. Every combo I have plugged into does the jingle bells. I also said other players don't have the problem, and I said maybe they are lucky. If I played your combos I would get jingle bells. I would hand the guitar back, and maybe you would not get jingle bells. There are reasons for that, too.

Dr. Z amps are built very well. I meant old Fenders too. All combos, in fact.

Actually you did- you said every combo has this problem. yet some people don't have the same problem with combos. That's a contradiction. Check out www.dictionary.com

Sounds to me like the problem is you, not the combo.

Because if it's OK for others, but not you..well. Its kinda like the guy who has been divorced 6 times, and won't ever figure out the root cause is himself.

Comment

you got it

lotta players feel the same way.
                    tele / wolfie
                    pittbull 50cl
                    greenbacks

Comment

Everyone is crazy except me!
                      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I kinda like my combos...and mostly I do not hear any rattles..if so, I change the dratted tubes...modern crap is just not how they use to make them...especially EL-84's!

Comment

I tried everything to get rid of it in my favorite combo

finally I just got the head / cab version

but yep, some people play the amp differently. Myself, and many, many others are like that.

:shrug:
                          tele / wolfie
                          pittbull 50cl
                          greenbacks

Comment

Yeah....sometimes it is just a battle against forces that will not yield!
                            Better to switch to head and cab as you did then

Comment

My combos don't have any problems....
                              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X