banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delay that sounds good in front of a marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Delay that sounds good in front of a marshall?

To me, the Electro Harmonix Memory Man Deluxe is the most musical delay I've ever owned. It's so easy to use and to adjust on the fly. I keep mine up high so I can adjust the knobs while I'm playing.

The Edge uses one. It has a very organic tone and the tone is far from the sterile and slick digital tone we've gotten used to.

It's more like an Echoplex.

Comment

Used to use a Visual Sound H2O in front of a couple Marshall-esque amps. I really had to keep the mix low, but it worked.

Having said that, I'd go dry these days rather than use time-based FX outside of a loop.
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

I actually got a smokin deal on an old roland sde-2500 and peavey classic 60/60 power amp and run a wet dry setup. Sounds massive and clear. Gonna be a pain to haul but i don't care haha.
        Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by flangermann View Post
          Anything analog of course
          Like most general statements, this is mostly wrong, and completely useless.

There are a few great digital delays that sound awesome in front of a high gain amp. Many of them have been mentioned in this thread already.

There are also quite a few analog delays that will turn your tone into mush in front of a high gain amp.

People really, really need to get over the stupid notion that analog = good, digital = bad. That kind of thinking only holds you back.

The key to good delay in front of high gain, regardless of what pedal you end up with, is dialing it in properly.
          Band: www.colouredanimal.com
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
          Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
            Like most general statements, this is mostly wrong, and completely useless.

There are a few great digital delays that sound awesome in front of a high gain amp. Many of them have been mentioned in this thread already.

There are also quite a few analog delays that will turn your tone into mush in front of a high gain amp.

People really, really need to get over the stupid notion that analog = good, digital = bad. That kind of thinking only holds you back.

The key to good delay in front of high gain, regardless of what pedal you end up with, is dialing it in properly.

+1
            Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

I use a DLS EchoTap in front of my Plexi and 2203. they sound righteous to my ears...ymmv.

Comment

Working...
              X