Clone Pedal Lowdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clone Pedal Lowdown?

I'm reminded of dudes that do concourse restorations on their 1970 Roadrunners, GTFO. Perfect is the enemy of good.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
      Yes, you are right, but IMO the current production BBD's don't have that same ... I don't know the best word to describe this ... maybe warmth? Bloom?
      According to my limited experience I agree. Although my Maxon AD-999 is an excellent delay the repeats have neither the clarity nor broad frequency response of those produced by my hard wired EHX DMM. I have to admit that both are warm, but the Maxon's warmth is like that of a person wrapped in a blanket.

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
      Plus the whole concept of a BBD is indeed obsolete now that digital equivalents are so cheap.
      Hogwash.
      Last edited by Lazarus1140; 10-14-2011, 12:19 PM.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
        Hogwash.
        Hey, don't get me wrong, I love a good BBD (I have two pedals with BBD chips in them) ... but technically speaking, they are obsolete, and have been for a long time.
        Band: www.colouredanimal.com
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
        Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Let's not forget the variances in part values. Some are all over the place and back in the day, they were certainly not as precise to the value as they are today.

Comment

Working...
          X