banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one that feels Egnater Amps are overrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I the only one that feels Egnater Amps are overrated?

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    I've been thinking about this thread a bit and I have to say this...I am an admitted gear snob and I will also admit that almost NO amps made post about 1975 impress me at all but the Egnater stuff is killer...good tones, well made and priced within reach of most players out there.

Nothing not to like IMHO and to the OP that claims they are "thin" and "SS like" is just dead wrong...I mean I know tone is all subjective but I just disagree with that statement regarding those amps...
    I have to agree 100% with this. My bandmate "evil twin" uses a Renegade 1x12 combo and gets great tones out of it. It's got the switchable master volumes, dual channels, an overall master master volume (kind of redundant, but it works great in gigging situations). He's used that amp a lot lately at gigs over the several others he has sitting at the house. It's certainly not thin sounding either.

Comment

Re: Am I the only one that feels Egnater Amps are overrated?

Originally posted by GuitarGuy503 View Post
      I played my second Egnater Amp yesterday and still can't grasp what people see in them as they sound thin and ss like to my ears. Having said that, For being tube amps they sure don't sound like a tube amps IMO. Pretty overrated amps if you ask me.....
      I have always felt the those amps are very underwhelming. I don't think I would ever buy one. They just don't seem to do it for me.
      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
      X