Point To Point - Hand Wired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Point To Point - Hand Wired

That is a great article, Ken! Thanks for sharing.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
      That's funny as hell.
      Yeah, I thought it was great in Tommy Boy.

Comment

This has been discussed a lot over on the Gear Page. True PTP can be a thing of beauty. If you've never gotten to take a close look at a Matchless live and in person, you need to some day.

I think the main point is accuracy of the terms. No one is discussing tone when it comes to the terms. I know that Two Rock had a "wireless" or some term for one of their amps where they claimed the amount of wire used in the amp was under 1 foot or something. At that point, I think we're getting into some marketing gimmicky. I'm not sure the electrons care as long as the lead dress is good.

Note: The hiwatt is pretty nice as well. Neat as a pin.

And, when it comes to this subject, plenty of cork sniffing.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
          This has been discussed a lot over on the Gear Page. True PTP can be a thing of beauty. If you've never gotten to take a close look at a Matchless live and in person, you need to some day.

I think the main point is accuracy of the terms. No one is discussing tone when it comes to the terms. I know that Two Rock had a "wireless" or some term for one of their amps where they claimed the amount of wire used in the amp was under 1 foot or something. At that point, I think we're getting into some marketing gimmicky. I'm not sure the electrons care as long as the lead dress is good.

Note: The hiwatt is pretty nice as well. Neat as a pin.

And, when it comes to this subject, plenty of cork sniffing.
          Good post Scott.
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

The electrons must be unaffected, so use only Force empowered lead solder made by retired Jedi knights....handwired point to point handmade and cut by holy lightsabers!!
            HAI!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
              The electrons must be unaffected, so use only Force empowered lead solder made by retired Jedi knights....handwired point to point handmade and cut by holy lightsabers!!
              HAI!!
              LMAO!
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

We aim to misbehave!
                ...hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                  We aim to misbehave!
                  ...hehe
                  You're good at it buddy! ;o)

Comment

classic

Those are not the turret boards you're looking for.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Mwahahaha....
                      The solder is strong with this one!

Comment

Working...
                      X