Someone talk me out of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone talk me out of this

Okay, Strymon timeline is in stock, I have the money in PP from my previous pedal purges, I have a Deja Vu, a Hardwire DL-8 and a Danelectro dan echo still in hand in terms of delay pedals. Please give me a good reason not to go for it.

Re: Someone talk me out of this

Reasons not* to buy the Timeline:

1) Ice mode
    b) Tape mode
    4) Very tweakable, including the "digital" mode which sounds very good

*may mean the opposite

Comment

Over complicated, to tweakable and will keep you from playing... You will end up selling it after the honeymoon when the next fasionable delay is out!
      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

DON'T DO IT MAN
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
        Originally posted by Gear Used
        PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
        Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
        Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

What ParameterMan said -

There are too many controls.
          How many tricks can it do simultaneously?
          Are you looking for something for live or studio use?

Are you aware that an effect with more tweakable parameters than can be counted on two hands full of fingers is more than likely still digital?

On an off-topic note: I would love to compare the reverb in Strymon's Flint to the popular Line 6 and Electro-Harmonix units.
          I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

think outside the box, get a Lex instead..

Comment

cos you have 3 delays already
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Cuz what are ya, the Edge? Come oooon fuhgedabowdit ya jabroni.
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                  cos you have 3 delays already
                  That's as good as reason as any,

plus what xxxplorer said
                  ............, to tweakable and will keep you from playing... ......
                  I had the Digitech timebender for a month before I decided it was way more than I could use for my style of playing and I was always tweaking everything on it. Okay, GAS has passed......for now.

Comment

Buy it... then sell it to me

Comment

Well, it got the best of me anyway......but not in the direction I thought I would go....... ended up getting the newest rendition of the Strymon Brigadier with the soft switches and stereo switch. After getting a lot of feedback from El Cap. owners and Timeline reviews and owners this is probably the better direction for me. We shall see. Should be here by the middle of next week.

Brad

PS

I have found a brand new Boss RE-20 for less than $150. I listened to a clip --THIS ONE-- by Niels (Vasshu the humanoid typhoon) and really liked the tone, but it is hard to tell without it being there with the amp in front of me, so on Monday I will arrange a little sit down between the RE-20, Mesa Express, and my heavily modified American strat and see what happens. This may take care of my tape delay tone search without the trouble and investment in a real one.

Don't worry Steve, this is still building up to the timeline so you may get it from me yet........ if, I decide to let her go.

Comment

Originally posted by briggleman View Post
                        Well, it got the best of me anyway......but not in the direction I thought I would go....... ended up getting the newest rendition of the Strymon Brigadier with the soft switches and stereo switch.

Brad

Soft switches and stereo switch? Now I have to visit their site!
                        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

don't look at me for help I love delays lol

Comment

Got the El Capistan as well as the Blue Sky and Chroma - The form factor is a big plus.

Yep sounds great and all that, but just have to say it...

Tape is Ape!!!!

Comment

The Strymon Timeline smells of poo.

Comment

Working...
                              X