JCA22H, any reason not to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JCA22H, any reason not to?

Cool, Tony. I'd like to see what you do with it.

Comment

The single channel version doesn't have the SLO preamp, but if you hit it with a booster in the right way, it screams.
      - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
      Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
      The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Wish I didn't see mine. Really miss it
        Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
        Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
        Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
        Epiphone LP Special w/JB
        Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
        Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
        1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
        Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
          The single channel version doesn't have the SLO preamp, but if you hit it with a booster in the right way, it screams.
          I modded mine slightly to get what I wanted. Added a bypass cap to the second (or third?) gain stage to really thicken up the highs and add some gain. Still only run it on about 6, but it made a huge difference. I can still switch it out on the front panel.

Comment

I had one for a few months. It was pretty awesome but I think the reason I sold it was so I could afford my bassman haha.
            Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
            Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
              I modded mine slightly to get what I wanted. Added a bypass cap to the second (or third?) gain stage to really thicken up the highs and add some gain. Still only run it on about 6, but it made a huge difference. I can still switch it out on the front panel.
              I run my preamp on 6 too, as well as the master when I'm at a show.

I think maybe some of the things you got yours to do with mods, I get from running mine through a set of Cannabis Rex speakers...they went a long way toward thickening it up and taming any harshness it might have had. The touch response is awesome, and I can get a full range from clean(er) to crunchy with picking alone.
              - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
              Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
              The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
                I run my preamp on 6 too, as well as the master when I'm at a show.

I think maybe some of the things you got yours to do with mods, I get from running mine through a set of Cannabis Rex speakers...they went a long way toward thickening it up and taming any harshness it might have had. The touch response is awesome, and I can get a full range from clean(er) to crunchy with picking alone.
                I run mine through a Governor and a Wizard, which I love. Depth mod was a big improvement, as was putting a 12AU7 in the PI.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                  Cool, Tony. I'd like to see what you do with it.
                  Just the usual suspects really slo mod, proper clean channel srv and depth mods.

The 50h will be a little more interesting that's going to become rectifierish
                  Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
                  WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
                  http://fret.boards.net

Comment

Working...
                  X