X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Pedal Build day!

Originally posted by Left_Hand_Strat View Post
    you've missed the output. lol
    No he didn't. Check out the original circuit diagram and the wiper contact of RV3...
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Nice man. One of my next two builds is a Triangle Big Muff, right after I build an Ampeg Scrambler... gonna mod it a bit though, adding a voltage starve pot to it. PCB etching is also a nice way to work and keep spage at a minimum but perf, when thought out well works very nicely.

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
        Which trannies did you settle on in the end?

I grabbed some pots and perf board today, but still need to pick up some semi-conductors.
        I'm using 2N5088s for Q1-3 and a 3904 for Q4. Would've gone all 5088s, but I didn't have a 4th, and couldn't be arsed to get one more when i have a bunch of other types that will work as well.

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
        That layout is HUGE. You sure you can't shrink that down a bit? Small layout = more options for enclosures.
        certainly is lol. I already have an enclosure for it, it's big enough for this board

Comment

Laid out everything on the perfboard. Gonna solder it up tomorrow.

Here's the enclosure I'm using. Hammond 1591, ABS plastic cuz I don't trust myself to drill through a diecast aluminum enclosure with a hand drill.

I've got a nice yellow/orange LED to put in as well...I say yellow/orange cuz it's technically yellow but glows orange. I have an orange LED too which looks like it's glowing red. Also got red and blue superbright LEDs, but I don't wanna use those cuz it tends to blind me a little bit.
          Last edited by CTN; 08-22-2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I need to start doing this, looks like fun.

Comment

Well, I got a bunch of trannies and diodes this morning, so there should be another one of these on the go very shortly.

I'm looking forward to seeing your final layout. Can you post up a pic on the reverse of the perfboard, as I'm curious to see how you do the interconnects, not having worked on perfboard before.

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Sure thing Chris, probably won't get around to it until the weekend though...

Comment

Phew. just finished soldering all the on-board components. Perfboard is ready for the off-board components and final assembly. I made a few on the fly placement changes, and I used some jumpers to help make everything neat and eliminate the soldering-side chaos. Also added a current limiting resistor for the LED.

Comment

Nice to see the finished result. It's not the prettiest wiring style, but it looks functional enough. Time to get it boxed up and tested out

I managed to get all my components sorted this last weekend, but I've got some work on one of my guitars to finish up before I get started on a pedal.

Comment

definitely not pretty. but as long as you plan it well and your solder joints are neat, it'll work well.

Comment

i need to do this... for real.
                        Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Getting real close to being done!

Comment

Looking real good, man. Hope it works out as well as you planned.

Comment

thanks man. I think it will.

My only concern is decoration/artwork. That's the one aspect I haven't really planned. I'm thinking maybe I should finish building it first and then plan the art so that I know exactly how much space I'll have to work with

Comment

Enclosure's drilled and I've got the off-board stuff mounted in there for a test fit.

Everything (including the circuit board) fits in perfectly with plenty of space to spare.

Now I just gotta do the final wire-up and it should be fully functional. But I still need to figure out what I'm gonna do for decoration.

Comment

Working...
                                X